The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-26-2024, 02:38 PM

Default Do we have any AIRSTEP owners or looping with Spark members?

Specifically, I'm interested in this or others vs Spark's foot switch and looping.

My use doesn't really need the new Spark foot switch and I could still return my original.

The Spark only looping is leaving a little to be desired. Their Bias FX for iPad would need a physical interface for its modest price but it is not clear it works with their foot switch. AIRSTEP pre-sales content points to some 3rd party software where I'm not so sure how well supported or updated it is.

I also see products that are just media control and page turners. That might be sweet for how I will put my iPad on a music stand with output to an acoustic/PA amp by my tube amps but would break how nice a Spark Mini or Yamaha THR are for moving around the house.

My core understanding is AIRSTEP connects to the Spark amp vs Spark app, and the actual looping software is a choice of mobile or desktop apps not theirs.

I also understand the Spark amp will connect to tablet where their Bias FX is moderately priced with an Apple USB to lightning and not needing an explicit and more expensive audio interface.

The Spark smart and quick jam features are not so great or just simple loopers. I'm also not sure if their foot switch works if you add the needed interface to their mobile version of Bias FC 2.

Thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars