The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-27-2022, 12:22 PM

Default Bridge comming off?? Would you re glue??

Hey you all, I recently purchased a new Gibson L-00 and noticed the bridge is slightly separated from the top in the edges. It is completely glued on the central part, but on both the left and right side you could slip a paper under it. On the left side it is a bit worse. It doesnīt seem to be advanced, but I just wanted to get your opinions on wether I should fix it or not, and what to expect from the fix (should it improve sound, weill it be too costly?).

Any ways, here are some pics for you to see.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:26 PM

Some more pics....

This is as far to the middle of the bridge the gap goes, after that, completely glued

Old 01-27-2022, 12:27 PM

have you just started notcing this? is it possilbe it's been that way?

Sometimes there's a layer of finish right under the bridge that should not extend much past the boundry of the bridge material under neath.

So it could be just that..

But if it gets any worse, I would say that this kind of disappointing on a new guitar.

How's your RH been where you are, and in your home? Are you taking any measures regarding humidity control?

That should constitute a warranty claim if that gets any worse at least I would have to think it so.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 01-27-2022, 01:05 PM

Thanks a lot!, I think I just noticed it two or three months ago, the guitar was fairly new, so maybe itīs been there since new. It does not seem to be advancing, I live in New York, so humidity is quite low now, but I keep it in its case with the 3 D addario humidpaks and a sponge. So humidity is taken care of.

I just wanted to know what to expect, if it could get worse, and how costly and risky the repair should be.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:46 PM

so those humidipaks...

I think they are ok at maintaining RH. But if the guitar is already dry, they don't really help get the RH there. In the winter, I also use a Dampit wick in the one guitar I'm now using those in. You'll of course know when the packs turn hard.

Just thought I'd mention..

and yea, If it was my guitar, I agree, I would also keep an eye on it.

As the original owner, you should be ok with the warranty to back you up.

Just keep your sales invoice/receipt handy. I know they have a way to register, but I like to keep the invoice anyway

No doubts then who the original owner is. Proof of ownership is needed to get any thing "Warranty" done with these guys.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 01-27-2022, 06:20 PM

Wouldn't a new Gibson be warranteed?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair