The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 08-16-2016, 07:48 AM

Default How's my big Jazzbox sound?

The song I composed for a stageplay obviously. It has lyrics about 50% from the Bard. But I'm proud of the arch-top sound. Plays and sounds like a champ.
It's mostly in the left channel, now and then in the center. I think it sounds pristine, w/a little distortion and the end.

The Tempest theme by Marc Ellis

I wrote lyrics about 50%-75% straight from the Bard. Haven't found a singer yet.

front - wide f-holes

DEPTH = 4 1/2" to 5"

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM

Since you asked . . . I really like the guitar tone on that track. At first, I was listening to it through some decent-but-not-great computer speakers, and I mostly noticed that the drum/percussion part was a bit sterile, and it was tough to isolate the guitar sound. But then I put headphones on and could clearly hear the guitar part, and liked it much more. What does the guitar part sound like in isolation?
Old 08-17-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojosh View Post
Since you asked . . . I really like the guitar tone on that track. At first, I was listening to it through some decent-but-not-great computer speakers, and I mostly noticed that the drum/percussion part was a bit sterile, and it was tough to isolate the guitar sound. But then I put headphones on and could clearly hear the guitar part, and liked it much more. What does the guitar part sound like in isolation?
Thanks so much for taking time to listen.

I haven't listened to the separate guitar tracks since SoundForge.. I'm not sure where they are - or even of they exist.The synth tracks were sequenced-on board the synth and recorded individually into Auria on the iPad. From there, I recorded the guitar into SoundForge - not Auria.. I pasted the synth parts into the arch-top tracks in Soundforge.
--

Kent Armstrong floating mini-humbucker.

FX = none on the synth.(listed above on guitar).

Guitar to 90's era JoeMeek VC3 pre/comp, to 90's era Lexicon 110 tremolo, then Lexicon into board.
One more compression pass from the board into a JoeMeek MC2 to Soundforge.

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Last edited by louparte; 08-17-2016 at 07:06 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops