The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Charter Member

Default Cargo to replace a Martin Dreadnought??

A minister/friend received a adonated a Martin Dreadnought to a minister/friend in Asia about 7 years ago. All solid wood, basic Martin - not sure the model but it was a very balanced Martin dreadnought. Good lively open tone.

Well, he's:
1. 5' 4" or maybe 5'2". Anyways, dreadnought is big. He uses it for group singing.

2. He travels A LOT doing ministry so a couple of dings into the ownership, I don't think he travels anymore with the guitar.

If he sold the Martin and got a Cargo, do you think that it could be loud and be of sufficient acoustic quality to lead group singing in a small group environment ? It won't be the Martin of course. The durability, comfort for a smaller person, and 'travelability' would be a boon but I wonder about whether the tone would be sufficient.

He'll sell the Martin to pick up the Cargo.

PTL
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Considering his size I think he'd love the Cargo. Especially if he's doing a lot of travelling with it. I played one a week ago and was astounded the amount of volume and bass tone it had. So acoustically I think he'd be very happy. I'd buy the one with the pickup in it and use a small acoustic amp like an Ultrasound or just plug into the house PA. Can't really say enough about the Cargo. I'm waiting for mine to show up any day now.

Jim B

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber