The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 AM

Default New Composite Acoustics CA website is up!

New Composite Acoustics CA website is up!

I had to go through http://www.caguitars.com/ and got an error through http://www.compositeacoustics.com/. Maybe they haven't worked out all the DNS stuff yet.

"Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods." C.S. Lewis

http://soundclick.com/nj1969
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Whoa, they got a dealer in Toronto now!
Long & McQuade; that's great news maybe more Long & McQuades will get on board!

Yay! now I can try before I buy...

"Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods." C.S. Lewis

Old 04-11-2008, 08:23 AM
"Big Daddy"

Hi Norm,

Thank for giving us the new link.
It looks like they made a few changes to from when I saw this site a couple of weeks ago.
It looks awesome!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:25 AM

What a nice improvement! I also like how they redid their model numbers, which makes it easier to understand than player, performer, etc. Now they're a lot more like Taylor or BMW... I'd be really curious what their new "5i" series sounds like... it looks like a big version of the Cargo.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 AM

The 5i (which I was told they decided not to produce in favor of a 7i, so it's interesting that it's on the new web site...) sounds very different from the GX Player I had.

The bass is much more pronounced on the 5i and it has a warmer sound overall. I'm not sure how much has to do with the soundhole change and how much with the bracing, but it has a totally different character to my ear.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:35 AM

I called the Long & McQuade dealer in Toronto. A number of other L&M's across Canada are becoming dealers.
For those in Canada who were previously too far from a dealer to try out a CA guitar, give your local L&M dealer a call, they may have one in stock or on order.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandy505 View Post
Whoa, they got a dealer in Toronto now!
Long & McQuade; that's great news maybe more Long & McQuades will get on board!

Yay! now I can try before I buy...
Yes, they've had a couple of guitars at the Long&McQuade on Bloor for several months now (since before Christmas for sure). They were hanging on the wall where anybody could grab them and play them but last time I was there they were on the wall behind the counter so you have to ask for them. Seems strange. There are lots of guitars on the wall that are more expensive and far more fragile.

Anyway, they're there. Wonder if and when they'll get a Cargo?

Steve
Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 AM

The site is looking good! I'm sure a few of the kinks will be ironed out soon.

A side note, but...
Anyone notice that they are now firmly CA Guitars again?

For the last year, right after the new factory opened and the company restructured with their new CEO, they went to Composite Acoustics.

It was already confusing enough ("my CA" ... "my "CA guitar" ... "my CA Guitars guitar")
Then we had... "My Composite Acoustic"? ... "My Composite Acoustics guitar"? Pretty redundant.

Glad they're back to the acronym!
CA Guitars. Nice. Sigh of relief.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 AM

That is way better! The old site was hard to navigate and tell what was what. Thanks CA!

1993 Taylor 410-E with Fishman
1999 Taylor 410 with K&K Pure Western Mini
Crate Acoustic 125-D
Jay Turser Les Paul Copy (China)
Line 6 POD

John 14:6
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack View Post
Yes, they've had a couple of guitars at the Long&McQuade on Bloor for several months now (since before Christmas for sure). They were hanging on the wall where anybody could grab them and play them but last time I was there they were on the wall behind the counter so you have to ask for them. Seems strange. There are lots of guitars on the wall that are more expensive and far more fragile.

Anyway, they're there. Wonder if and when they'll get a Cargo?

Steve
Not sure when they'll get a Cargo as they are back-ordered...lots of dealers ordering lots of Cargos

Thought I would mention if you want to rent a GX player (soon to be NOS with the new model numbering), the Bloor street L&M location offers that. You can rent by the day, week or month. For a few bucks you get an extended try before you buy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber