The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
I got mine yesterday with the new bag - it is actually very nice - with two shoulder straps for running through airports. I bought a baby tayor bag when I heard how bad the TKL bags were so I now have both. The Cargo fits very snuggly in the BT bag and it slightly smaller and lighter - I will probably keep that bag for backpacking and use the access bag for air travel.

OBTW - I got the wine color and it also has the fiber binding - nice.
ScottR,

Can you post a couple of pics of the wine/binding? I'm interested in a Cargo after I buy my Taylor, and I will probably get the wine color if I can find one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Default Pics of Wine Cargo with carbon fiber binding

JDaveG -
Here are some pics of the wine color with the carbon fiber binding...I think it is a great detail. FYI - I left the Cargo in my trunk yesterday in 85+ degrees weather and it didnt even lose its tune!

I'm not sure why the pictures aren't coming through (only the links) as I am using the [IMG] and [/IMG] brackets around the URLs - any ideas?

'08 Maingard 000 (12 fret) BRW/Italian Spruce
'08 Bashkin 00 (12 fret) LS Redwood/MadRose
'01 De Jonge OM BRW/Sitka
'08 CA Cargo
'08 Eastman T-185
'09 Collings All Hog C10

Last edited by ScottR; 05-31-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
JDaveG -
Here are some pics of the wine color with the carbon fiber binding...I think it is a great detail. FYI - I left the Cargo in my trunk yesterday in 85+ degrees weather and it didnt even lose its tune!

I'm not sure why the pictures aren't coming through (only the links) as I am using the [IMG] and [/IMG] brackets around the URLs - any ideas?
No clue, but when I click the links it says "you do not have permission to view the photos in this gallery"

Thanks for trying, though!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:29 PM

not sure what up....sorry.

'08 Maingard 000 (12 fret) BRW/Italian Spruce
'08 Bashkin 00 (12 fret) LS Redwood/MadRose
'01 De Jonge OM BRW/Sitka
'08 CA Cargo
'08 Eastman T-185
'09 Collings All Hog C10
Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaveG View Post
No clue, but when I click the links it says "you do not have permission to view the photos in this gallery"

+1 not having permission. I noticed that the bass sound on my Cargo is great but the treble side is a little lacking compared to my wooden Alvarez. I also got the cheezy fitting TKL case. I think I'm going to buy the baby Taylor gig bag. The TKL case does fit my Alvarez, a little tight lenghth wise, but it still fits.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:51 AM
strummin' an x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaveG View Post

Once at the "You do not have permssion..." screen, log in "again" (ie, even if you were logged in here, in the AFG forums) via the link to the upper right. This should result in your being directed to a [front]page of different images, though probably not the target one(s). Come back to this thread and click on the image links again, and you should be taken directly to the Cargo images.

At least, that's what worked for me. :-)

- Sarah S.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
Once at the "You do not have permssion..." screen, log in "again" (ie, even if you were logged in here, in the AFG forums) via the link to the upper right. This should result in your being directed to a [front]page of different images, though probably not the target one(s). Come back to this thread and click on the image links again, and you should be taken directly to the Cargo images.

At least, that's what worked for me. :-)

- Sarah S.
Should've thought of that myself -- worked like a charm!

That guitar is beautiful. I'm having a HUGE GAS-attack.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber