The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 AM

this has got t be one of the best threads ever posted on this forum....................way to go John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your work & patience is impressive to say the least
Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 AM

Man I agree with Louie, this is the best guitar related thread I've ever seen. I wait with baited breath to hear a sound clip after she settles in and opens up for you.

Steel and Wood, "Listen closely and she'll tell you her secrets" RG
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
this has got t be one of the best threads ever posted on this forum....................way to go John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your work & patience is impressive to say the least
+1
You are living what I dare only to dream of.
LC
Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

First, I want to congratulate you. The guitar will be grand because you did it with a tender heart. The first guitar is the one you learn the most. I seriously doubt anyone repaired their first guitar with ease and made the world snap to attention with their desired tone. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I am sure your work will be well rewarded. The best part is that you let each of us share your love and excitement. I often see guitars grow from boards and I see repairs happen. Even with that, your thread never bored me. I was always anxious to see what was up John's sleeve. After the jam, this thread will still grow. I know you will discover something new you want to do. It seems to be a luthier's (and future luthier's) nature.

The McJam is tomorrow. Please, bring your treasure so we can see, touch and explore it. It will be educationally fun to hear the reviews on the instrument we've read so much about.

John, thanks for the e-mail. You are correct. I'm a little busy with minor details here. I will explain more tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Drive safely!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

The bridge plugs look pretty good. New saddle is nice and high to adjust down. 2 strings are in, 4 to go.
Thanks for the nice words folks!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:30 AM

YJ, please post pics ... please. And don't forget the case. Since many of us will not be at MacJam, this is the only way we will get to see what you got!!! This thread is one i always search to see if there are any new developments.

Ken
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM

Default I can't wait

Wishing I was there to see the guitar at the Mcjam tonight and hearing everyones thoughts YJ, its like as if you had a new baby and everyone is flocking to see the new born, the pictures look great but I am sure it would look nicer in person, take lots of pics tonight YJ and don't forget everyones comments, maybe bring along a digital recorder also for prosperity and sound clips.Ship
Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 AM

i agree i would love to have taken this on, but i know i wouldn't have time money equipment or know how to do it. Hey ship how in the heck are ya? good to see ya.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Don't worry guys the thread has lots of life to it. In other words there is still much to do. Right now the Parlor sounds like a Ukele on steriods lol
Tim McKnight gave me some great tips, next week I will take her to the A.S.I.A Symposium and learn learn learn
Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

I saw it in person. How cool.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 PM

So whats happened to the parlour John. Any chance we could see/hear this great guitar in action. C,mon lets revive this amazing thread.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Moved comment

Last edited by Kitchen Guitars; 11-11-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9D View Post
So whats happened to the parlour John. Any chance we could see/hear this great guitar in action. C,mon lets revive this amazing thread.
Right now I am up to my arm pits in my work. So, 3-4 more weeks then I will be back in the shop.
I need to make a new, smaller bridge and move the neck a touch and repair a crack I put in during the French Polishing........ and figure out how to post tunes!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop