The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-25-2020, 04:16 PM

I wonder when this is going to be released? I remember back in the summer, mid to late October was the intended release date but I bet it will be closer to December at this point.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I wonder when this is going to be released? I remember back in the summer, mid to late October was the intended release date but I bet it will be closer to December at this point.
Very soon. I’m recording a Q&A with Baggs this week on the product. I’ll start a separate thread asking for any question ideas.

Last edited by AeroUSA; 10-25-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
If I remember well, at the begining of the training process the app asks you to hit the bridge right?

While I haven't seen the final product, for the prototype, they had that step-by-step process, but then I asked how much it mattered, and mentioned that with ToneDexter, you just played something. They said, sure, let's try it the way you'd normally train, play whatever you like. So I just played around, tried to cover the neck, etc, and the results were good. So my impression is that the step-by-step is more of a guide for people who are worried about what to play, how long to play, etc, and to make sure they do something reasonable. But we'll have to see how the final product came out.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
While I haven't seen the final product, for the prototype, they had that step-by-step process, but then I asked how much it mattered, and mentioned that with ToneDexter, you just played something. They said, sure, let's try it the way you'd normally train, play whatever you like. So I just played around, tried to cover the neck, etc, and the results were good. So my impression is that the step-by-step is more of a guide for people who are worried about what to play, how long to play, etc, and to make sure they do something reasonable. But we'll have to see how the final product came out.
That’s right and tapping the bridge is for the feedback data. I use advanced mode and just play whatever and it trains well. I then do the feedback stuff later if needed.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:46 PM

Yeah ,

But you can make an assumption about how a tap excitation is like. Once you made that assumption, you can compare the tails of the recorded tap from the pickup and the mic. The mic will get a much longer tail which is also related to the room reverberation.

At least the early echos might be searched with self-correlation...

Or simpler they just cut the IR short...

My 2 cents...
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 10-26-2020, 08:33 AM

I've noticed today that the Acousticlive app (the app which manages Voiceprint pedal) is now available on Apple store. I downloaded it and it can be run in demo mode. There are a few bugs, but nothing major. Hopefully is anticipating a release of the pedal soon... I was looking for this app few weeks ago and it wasn't available, at least in Europe.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villamarzia View Post
I've noticed today that the Acousticlive app (the app which manages Voiceprint pedal) is now available on Apple store. I downloaded it and it can be run in demo mode. There are a few bugs, but nothing major. Hopefully is anticipating a release of the pedal soon... I was looking for this app few weeks ago and it wasn't available, at least in Europe.
What bugs did you find?
Old 10-28-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
What bugs did you find?
One bug has been fixed probably because the app crashed a couple of times first, but now runs smoothly. The others are not code bugs: some spelling is to be checked and I can't find the multi-comp on the app, while it was present in your review. This might be due to the demo mode, though. Really minor things.

Btw, I am really looking forward to test this DI, especially with nylon strings.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villamarzia View Post
One bug has been fixed probably because the app crashed a couple of times first, but now runs smoothly. The others are not code bugs: some spelling is to be checked and I can't find the multi-comp on the app, while it was present in your review. This might be due to the demo mode, though. Really minor things.

Btw, I am really looking forward to test this DI, especially with nylon strings.
Some features from the beta will not be in the initial release. I’ve never had the app crash. It may depend on your device of course.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:58 AM

Aaron, Just in terms of IR quality, how do you rate the VPDI to the IR sounds with the Helix Stomp/LT etc?
Line6 Pod Go ("Helix Lite")

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1...c00vCM5OTc-dmA
Old 01-24-2021, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucatastrophe View Post
Aaron, Just in terms of IR quality, how do you rate the VPDI to the IR sounds with the Helix Stomp/LT etc?
The HX Stomp does not have acoustic IR’s, I have used Cuki’s with it and that is a good option if you need the effects as well. For me the competition is ToneDexter and VPDI. VPDI has more features and uses an awesome app but the ToneDexter algorithm is able to match a microphone more closely right now. It did take until this latest firmware for me to fully appreciate the ToneDexter and I am sure that Baggs will continue to improve theirs in the future.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM

Default LR Baggs Voiceprint (Soundscape) DI FIRST LOOK!

Right, I realize you have to upload others IR’s or make your own for the Helix. But since it’s an option on the helix, how would you compare the end result of the acoustic IR of the Helix to Tonedexter or VPDI? Thanks Aaron

Old 01-24-2021, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucatastrophe View Post
Right, I realize you have to upload others IR’s or make your own for the Helix. But since it’s an option on the helix, how would you compare the end result of the acoustic IR of the Helix to Tonedexter or VPDI? Thanks Aaron
I think that will depend on the quality of the IR.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:01 PM

Default LR Baggs Voiceprint (Soundscape) DI FIRST LOOK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I think that will depend on the quality of the IR.

Ah... yes of course. The more I’m reading today the more I understand my ignorance on this haha!

I’ve been very happy with my results so far with the Baggs Voiceprint DI and honestly love the simplicity of it and it’s app. Plus I think I’m really their target audience.

Not that I’m not interested in creating my own IR through open source software, but I don’t have the time or energy to dive in deep with that right now. But I am trying to learn. Slowly. Thanks for helping!

Old 01-29-2021, 08:58 AM

I found this interesting. Sounds great on violin!

https://youtu.be/ycZfs_L3CTw

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification