The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 03:02 PM

Default 3M Command Poster Adhesive D'Addario Tuner Mount

I've previously found some alternate places to mount D'Addario's Clip-Free tuner to be compatible with all guitar stands:

I recently tried 3M Command Poster (thinner than the other Command options) Strips to mount the tuners after sanding off the extrusion that snaps into the clip-free mounting base. The tuners lock more quickly and handle noisy environments better, though I still usually use a harmonic for the low E string. Command strips are easy to remove and in-theory won't harm even latex wall paint, but I'm only using them on my polyurethane finished RainSongs and my no finish Martin LX1. Here is how one looks:

IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 03-05-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM

Great idea.
Thanks I'm gonna try it.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:08 PM

You can use double side tape and get the same result. I mounted the same tuners on an Emerald and a Voyage Air over a year ago and they’re still there. Double checked tuning with a Polytune clip on tuner and the readings match. Just make sure that you can access the battery door when you mount the tuner.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 03-06-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
Just make sure that you can access the battery door when you mount the tuner.
I put fresh batteries in the tuners when I mounted them and plan to remove them to replace the battery and remount with a fresh Command Strip (easy removal is the selling point for Command products). If battery access is needed then I would have to sacrifice angling the display up towards me. One other interested quirk of the D'Addario small tuner is the off axis visibility of its display is not symmetric. If you point it horizontal for battery access it becomes nearly invisible. If you point fully vertical then no trouble seeing the display. The display is optimized for right hand guitarists mounting it on the edge of the headstock front pointed at the nut.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 03-06-2019 at 09:33 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion