The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laynej37 View Post
Thanks for your help. I decided to look more into some US dealers and although I’m not really finding any that have them in stock, I was able to get a good price from one in Texas, but still haven’t heard how long it will be until it’s available. I’ve reached out to some more dealers though and will see if I can get one soon!
Forum sponsor Paramount Guitars has a Vintage 1 OM listed in stock. I don’t know that you’ll get all the way to 1500, but I’ll bet you could ask sweetly and see what transpires.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischultz View Post
Forum sponsor Paramount Guitars has a Vintage 1 OM listed in stock. I don’t know that you’ll get all the way to 1500, but I’ll bet you could ask sweetly and see what transpires.
Yes I did ask paramount music if they were able to negotiate at all and they said their price was firm. I did get the price I wanted from another forum sponsor who was able to find me one available directly from Furch USA. I will post all the details when I get it as I think the shop deserves lots of credit!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:23 AM

Default Cedar top

If you want a warm, mellow sound, you are better off considering a cedar top. That will have more to do with the tone than the back and sides.

I have a Gc Red with EIR b&S and cedar top. I could play it for hours. It does not have the sparkle of a spruce top, but a rich, satisfying depth. Dollar-for-dollar one of the best guitar I've played for the money. It is 2-3 le3vels above your green, but you can expect good performance with Furch.

By the way, you might want to contact Bill @ Fretted Buffalo in Buffalo NY. Top class guy and a Furch dealer with inventory.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipII View Post
If you want a warm, mellow sound, you are better off considering a cedar top. That will have more to do with the tone than the back and sides.

I have a Gc Red with EIR b&S and cedar top. I could play it for hours. It does not have the sparkle of a spruce top, but a rich, satisfying depth. Dollar-for-dollar one of the best guitar I've played for the money. It is 2-3 le3vels above your green, but you can expect good performance with Furch.

By the way, you might want to contact Bill @ Fretted Buffalo in Buffalo NY. Top class guy and a Furch dealer with inventory.
Thanks for your input! I actually have already purchased a vintage 1 with Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides. I’ve heard that this model is pretty warm and traditional sounding, which I think I will like. If It ends up being too dark, I may trade it for a green with the same wood combination, but I don’t really see this as being necessary, just a backup plan. As for contacting Bill, I have talked to him and he was extremely helpful and is the dealer I purchased from!
Old 08-14-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your input! I actually have already purchased a vintage 1 with Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides. I’ve heard that this model is pretty warm and traditional sounding, which I think I will like. If It ends up being too dark, I may trade it for a green with the same wood combination, but I don’t really see this as being necessary, just a backup plan. As for contacting Bill, I have talked to him and he was extremely helpful and is the dealer I purchased from!

Sounds promising!

Don’t worry about the top debate - cedar is generally warmer but the vintage line are voiced accordingly. I am pretty sure you are going to love it - and we are waiting eagerly to see pics and read reviews!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 08-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
Sounds promising!

Don’t worry about the top debate - cedar is generally warmer but the vintage line are voiced accordingly. I am pretty sure you are going to love it - and we are waiting eagerly to see pics and read reviews!
Thanks so much! I am pretty sure I will love it as well
I was told it should be here in about a week from now and I will update then!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:23 PM

Congrats! Hope it works out for you! My Alpine/cocobolo Furch loves 80/20 strings.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:05 AM

Hi Layne
I read in your signature that you choose the Green G model eventually. What lead you to that choice?
I'm asking because when fantasizing about my next guitar I'm in the same boat as you were...
Old 07-12-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I decided to look more into some US dealers and although I’m not really finding any that have them in stock, I was able to get a good price from one in Texas, but still haven’t heard how long it will be until it’s available. I’ve reached out to some more dealers though and will see if I can get one soon!
Give the Fretted Buffalo a call. They usually have a bunch of Furch in stock. considering the cheap cost of airline tickets, perhaps a trip is in order
Taylor 612CE

Furch 2018LTD (OM)
Furch Rainbow Series Jumbo 12s
Furch Little Jane

McFarland resonator
Old 07-12-2021, 12:07 PM

since 4 months i own a vintage 3 and i really love it.
I think the tone is warm and rich and she plays very easy. intonation is very good.

I really fell in love with this deep body OM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFi...e5TMcp&index=5

I wish i could play like him but the sound is very comparable with the sound you here in this clip.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie1959 View Post
since 4 months i own a vintage 3 and i really love it.
I think the tone is warm and rich and she plays very easy. intonation is very good.

I really fell in love with this deep body OM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFi...e5TMcp&index=5

I wish i could play like him but the sound is very comparable with the sound you here in this clip.

The vintage range is truly excellent! I have the OM34sr which is more or less a Vintage 2. Best guitar I own…
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 07-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

have an older (2011) vintage series OM-33 with a deep body and an aged top. It is an exceptional playing and sounding guitar.

It is my understanding that prior to the new neck design The vintage and millennial series (which is now the color series) did not have a difference under the hood. Bracing was the same as was all construction. The big difference was the nut size, neck profile, and cosmetics. This might have changed.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 07-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion