The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-28-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Also the Slope Shoulder Eastmans are 1 11/16". E10SS, E20SS, E10ooSS, E20ooSS, E10SS/v.
Indeed. Albeit at a different price point...

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/cronostesia
Old 07-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpedroso View Post
Interesting. I hadn't realised that. After a quick search I read this on another thread: "The newer AC-OM1, AC-OM2, AC-DR1, AC-DR2 are 1 & 11/16ths."
I believe those are all discontinued models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Also the Slope Shoulder Eastmans are 1 11/16". E10SS, E20SS, E10ooSS, E20ooSS, E10SS/v.
And the E10ooSS/v.

tpedroso, in the current Eastman acoustic lineup, all of the Traditional series are 1-3/4" nut, except for the slope dread and 00 models (1-11/16") and standard parlor and 00 models (1-13/16"). I believe all of the AC series (GA body styles) are 1-3/4" nut widths.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
I believe those are all discontinued models.
indeed they are. Found 2 AC-OM1 on Reverb, but not really great deals price wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
tpedroso, in the current Eastman acoustic lineup, all of the Traditional series are 1-3/4" nut, except for the slope dread and 00 models (1-11/16") and standard parlor and 00 models (1-13/16"). I believe all of the AC series (GA body styles) are 1-3/4" nut widths.
Looks like Eastman is not on the cards for me...

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/cronostesia
Old 07-28-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
I have the dread version of this guitar. (E2D-CD) It's hands down THE BEST $500 I've ever spent on any guitar period! You're gonna love the OM version...and Eastman! Got a E10OM-TC on my lap as I write this and for over twice the money I'd still take the E2 every time...it's just that good.
So congrats on a great choice! Cedar/Sapele satin open pore finish=very light, great sounding guitar. Enjoy!
Last year I bought an E1D (Adirondack/Sapele) sight unseen, just on the reputation. Best $500 I ever spent. I have some good guitars, and I when I sit down in the evening I always grab the Eastman. I think I need an E2D to keep it company.
Yamaha FGX 720SCA
Rogue resonator
Eastman E1D 2019
Takamine GS330S
Eastman PCH
Old 08-14-2020, 02:01 AM

I'm fancying an E2 OM CD. I see there's a lot of love for Eastman.
What do you think of these lower priced models in terms of quality control and consistency?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorwampus View Post
Last year I bought an E1D (Adirondack/Sapele) sight unseen, just on the reputation. Best $500 I ever spent. I have some good guitars, and I when I sit down in the evening I always grab the Eastman. I think I need an E2D to keep it company.
I think I need one of these as a gigging guitar!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pender View Post
I'm fancying an E2 OM CD. I see there's a lot of love for Eastman.
What do you think of these lower priced models in terms of quality control and consistency?
I love mine. I play it daily. It very light, responsive and articulate. For the price, I can't imagine a better guitar.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Last year I bought an E1D (Adirondack/Sapele) sight unseen, just on the reputation. Best $500 I ever spent.
I just bought a used Eastman E10D, also sight unseen also just on reputation. People have been orgasmic about their reviews of the E10D, and Eastmans in general. On top of that, I bought it from Guitar Center, with whom I've only had good experiences especially with their used-guitar catalog. I think the conditions listed are a little on the conservative side. Anyway, I love the Eastman. I'm hoping this is *the* guitar for me (in that I don't be itching for an upgrade to a Martin), but time will tell. It so far is the best guitar I've owned.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I love mine. I play it daily. It very light, responsive and articulate. For the price, I can't imagine a better guitar.
Many thanks
Old 08-14-2020, 01:43 PM

I can't speak for that guitar specifically, but I love my Eastman. It has a really "refined" sound in my opinion and is really nice to listen to and play. I also have a cedar top (not an Eastman) that I really enjoy playing as well, so hopefully you have been enjoying it!

Don't mind the beef a lot of people have with things made in China. Eastman's are handmade and I think they offer a great value and punch above their weight.
Teton STG105CENT
Recording King RK-R35 (banjo)
Looking for my next one!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Good move.. You won't be disappointed.. Eastman OMs are big bang for the buck.

Brian Farmer (Sun Valley Guitars) returns phone calls and is a pleasure to do business with. I purchased a limited edition Eastman AC108CE-LTD from Brian last winter. Terrific all solid wood finger style guitar - Adi top/Sapele back/sides, open pore satin finish, mahogany neck, slotted headstock, Ebony fretboard & bridge, bone nut & saddle and LR Baggs Electronics for $800.00.

It arrived set-up and ready to go.

I also own two Eastman mandolins... hands down the best moderately priced imports available.

Last edited by FingahPickah; 08-14-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:30 PM
Charter Member

Eastman makes very nice guitars. I own an e10d and an e20OM (just received it today). Both are fabulous guitars. I also own a few (5) Martin guitars, and I think the tone of these is comparable, though different. Don't buy an Eastman expecting it to sound like anything other than an Eastman.

I will say that I played a Martin OM41 this week and the Eastman sounded better. However I think that 41 was a dud or needed new strings. I would never generalize that the Eastman guitars are on average better than a Martin, Taylor, etc. But they are very good in their own right.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
This, 2nd jklotz response.
I love my e2om. Light, responsive, good volume and sweet tone. The neck and string spacing are perfect for me. My guess is, you'll love it, too.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Eastman makes very nice guitars. I own an e10d and an e20OM (just received it today). Both are fabulous guitars. I also own a few (5) Martin guitars, and I think the tone of these is comparable, though different. Don't buy an Eastman expecting it to sound like anything other than an Eastman.

I will say that I played a Martin OM41 this week and the Eastman sounded better. However I think that 41 was a dud or needed new strings. I would never generalize that the Eastman guitars are on average better than a Martin, Taylor, etc. But they are very good in their own right.
I agree... "This is this. This ain't something else" - De Niro (The Deer Hunter). None of my guitars look, feel, play or sound like another one of my guitars.. There have been a few whim-buys, experiments and purely physical attractions over the years - but they're mostly all gone.. and "Regrets. I've had a few" - Sinatra.

Those that remain were carefully chosen and will remain keepers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-1976 Guild D44M
-1987 Guild JF65-12
-2000 Martin D40
-2010 Breedlove OM-SReH
-2013? La Patrie Etude
-2017 Taylor 324e
-2019 Eastman AC108CE-LTD
-2019 Larrivee 00040
-2019 Yamaha FS800T (Converted to Mandocello)

Last edited by FingahPickah; 08-14-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Last year I bought an E1D (Adirondack/Sapele) sight unseen, just on the reputation. Best $500 I ever spent.
Bought one of these myself a few months ago, mint condition and <$400. I've played dreads that cost 2 or 3 times more that are no better than this one. This guitar is definitely a keeper as far as I'm concerned. Btw I believe the E1D is Sitka/Sapele not Adirondack but either way it sounds great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion