The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I should ask my uncle for my X30 back lol. I'm kidding. I really miss that guitar though and these threads aren't helping!
Think I'll play my X30 now..seeing how it is right here with me... hope this helps. Even modified my signature to show support just for you....cool huh.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

I really like that burst they are putting on those awesome X30's , the quilted maple don't hurt either. Didn't Guitarluva used to have an X30 ?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Didn't Guitarluva used to have an X30 ?

I believe so... so glad I have one...oh here it is now in my arms...cool!
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Not a fan of their teardrop burst. That golden quilt maple veneer is beautiful enough to stand on its own without the amber border.

Soundwise though, I like the standard, fan fret, and nylon models.
Getting closer to considering an order.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM

Just so you know there's an angry wife on the loose looking for 2 guys named Kramster & Jdnico. If I were you guys I would enjoy the rest of your day but keep looking out through your window every once in a while.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Just so you know there's an angry wife on the loose looking for 2 guys named Kramster & Jdnico. If I were you guys I would enjoy the rest of your day but keep looking out through your window every once in a while.
It's cool..I'm not home... and thanks for heads up. I was just playing one of my CF guitars...guess which one.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
It's cool..I'm not home... and thanks for heads up. I was just playing one of my CF guitars...guess which one.
Brutal.... [emoji4]

Todd in Chicago

P.S. I have my own demons lol...in 2 days it will be one month since my precious X30 was in the shipping video....but still hasn't shipped.... I didn't actually think I would run out of sake but this is pushing it[emoji12][emoji23]
Old 06-18-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Just a guess but most likely it's the X30 spalted chen chen that she's going to beat you with? Watch out she's stronger than she looks!
Old 06-18-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Just a guess but most likely it's the X30 spalted chen chen that she's going to beat you with? Watch out she's stronger than she looks!
Luckily my 30 is not Chen Chen... don't even know how that will help... best dig up my helmet ... wow I like playing this X30.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I have my own demons lol...in 2 days it will be one month since my precious X30 was in the shipping video....but still hasn't shipped.... I didn't actually think I would run out of sake but this is pushing it
So what's going on there? Forgive me if you've already told the tale somewhere else...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-18-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Brutal.... [emoji4]

Todd in Chicago

P.S. I have my own demons lol...in 2 days it will be one month since my precious X30 was in the shipping video....but still hasn't shipped.... I didn't actually think I would run out of sake but this is pushing it[emoji12][emoji23]

Well at least you won’t have to WAIT another 24 hours for the guitar to “acclimate “ once it hits your doorstep. So there’s that bit of encouragement.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Luckily my 30 is not Chen Chen... don't even know how that will help... best dig up my helmet ... wow I like playing this X30.
Oops my mistake, Paudauk X30, even better. You'll need more than a helmet though. Even in full hockey gear you're still not safe. At least you'll get to see how strong carbon fiber really is.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
So what's going on there? Forgive me if you've already told the tale somewhere else...
Eatswodo...

I'm not entirely sure but I do know this. At the time that shipping video was published there was a shortage of the Hiscox cases for the X 30s. It was mentioned in this forum on a different thread the day that those cases came in which I think was about 2 weeks ago by member T0f. I was then made aware of a Personnel problem in the shipping department at Emerald. I was hoping however that these problems would have been resolved and guitars shipped out to their new owners. I did send out another note to Emerald this morning and I most likely will hear something back tomorrow as to the status. Hopefully it should be any day now but it does strike me as a little odd.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Well at least you won’t have to WAIT another 24 hours for the guitar to “acclimate “ once it hits your doorstep. So there’s that bit of encouragement.
Actually... when I did my NGD post for my X20 - 12, I did post a teaser picture and said that I received my new Emerald but I had written on the box please wait 24 hours to acclimatise before opening....such a joker!

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Eatswodo...

I'm not entirely sure but I do know this. At the time that shipping video was published there was a shortage of the Hiscox cases for the X 30s. It was mentioned in this forum on a different thread the day that those cases came in which I think was about 2 weeks ago by member T0f. I was then made aware of a Personnel problem in the shipping department at Emerald. I was hoping however that these problems would have been resolved and guitars shipped out to their new owners. I did send out another note to Emerald this morning and I most likely will hear something back tomorrow as to the status. Hopefully it should be any day now but it does strike me as a little odd.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Hmm - all part of the challenges of running a small company, and being at the mercy of the supply chain, and having no backup if you lose/fire someone in a key position.

Hopefully, you'll hear good news soon and the Black Hole of Trans-Atlantic Shipping will be the last worry...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber