The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-19-2011, 04:00 AM

Default monitor and sub question

Hi! So i recently was given an Akai RPM3 set of monitors and while its a pretty decent set of monitors (nothing fancy though), i feel like it is lacking a little in the bottom end (although given the price, probably shouldn't have been surprised).

I was thinking about getting a sub but I have no idea what I'm to look for.... I also don't even know how to hook up the RPM3 to a sub.

The pic of the back of the unit is here: http://static.musiciansfriend.com/de...72089_back.jpg

Do you guys have any tips for a noob such as me :P Or do you think it would be better just to pick up a different set of monitors without a sub? The room where I'm planning to use them is fairly small which made me a little hesitant to use a sub. I'm on a little budget so nothing too expensive if we go the route of different monitors.

thanks in advance!

Taylor 614ce (walnut/englemann) "Kayla"
Gretsch Pro Jet (with Bigsby!)
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Dan,

It's nice you get 'em for free, but when even the mfgr fails to quote the power of a pair of $99 speakers, that sort of puts them as maybe like lap top speakers.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Old 08-20-2011, 05:58 PM

I agree with Ty. It's awesome that you have free speakers but those are just computer speakers. I'd get a sub with them, particularly if you like gaming on your computer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD