The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-10-2017, 09:08 AM

Default Thank You All for the Inspiration

So during the last 7 years which included 2 shoulder surgeries and 1 hand surgery, I've pulled the guitar out from under my bed after laying idle for 20 or so years. Believe it or not, I have to Thank that first shoulder surgery because I couldn't bike or exercise so I started strumming my kid's junior guitar.

Well I had many tunes when I was playing years ago and I never really completed any of them. My buddy from college has a studio so last year I decided I would start recording so I didn't die with the music in me. Well this recording stuff is harder than I thought because I'm not a in a band and finding musicians was tough.

Well after 1 year I have 1 song complete....(like the commercial. )

This was recorded with a Takamine P4DC.........unplugged....lol

Thank you all for the advice and input though I didn't post a whole lot I did read ALOT of threads. I hope you like it. This was the first song I ever "wrote" when I started playing guitar at 15 and it's amazing to hear it 39 years later with such a talented vocalist.

Thanks for the Inspiration. This forum is awesome! I hope I've posted in the right place.

Last edited by Gary in MO; 06-10-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Guest 33123

Youtube says this video is not available.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Youtube says this video is not available.
Hmmmm?? I go right to it when I click it though an ad pops up every now and then.

I'm not the best with media links. I wanted to take this song and try CD baby for the heck of it but I don't think that would stop it from playing. My friends have listened to the YouTube link.

Darn - maybe I'll try another format later.

Thank you for replying.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 AM

I can click through, but posting vids here is not simply a matter of putting your youtube link between the provided video url boxes. You have to cut/paste only the last, letter parts AFTER the = sign.

Last edited by ChrisN; 06-10-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

here we go...... nice tune very cool

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Gary, does this help? You can also scroll up the page for tips on other formats.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...bbcode#youtube

Already got it... thanks, Kev.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Well, that was very nice! Colleen Duhart has a very nice voice for that song and the recording is nicely done! I enjoyed that!

Welcome back to the guitar after all this time! I am very glad that the AGF has provided you some inspiration!

- Glenn
Old 06-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Thanks so much everybody for posting the video. I'll read up on that.

Also, I know the caliber of musicians here so I was a little hesitant to post.

Just to bs a little, the scratch guitar was originally done with a Yamaha APX-6 my wife bought me in the 80's. I used pinch harmonics and the ringing out of the guitar on the intro was absolutely amazing.

Well those strings died and I didn't know what they were (yeah I know) and also by that time I bought the Takamine in February last year.

Long story short, when I bought the Takamine to record the final take, my buddy deleted that version I did with the APX-6. I could not figure out what strings it took to reproduce those harmonics so I settled with the Takamine intro. I changed many a string on that Yamaha but still couldn't reproduce those beautiful harmonic rings. I even posted here trying to figure that out.

Anyway Thanks everybody......it's an awesome hobby. And I try to keep track of string changes now.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Well, that was very nice! Colleen Duhart has a very nice voice for that song and the recording is nicely done! I enjoyed that!

Welcome back to the guitar after all this time! I am very glad that the AGF has provided you some inspiration!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn. Yes - Colleen is amazing and I was very GRATEFUL she contributed on the song. She's trying to get her career going so I'm not sure if I'll get another opportunity like that.

Last edited by Gary in MO; 06-10-2017 at 05:54 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell