The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-05-2016, 05:20 PM

Default Ekoa Uke - wow

I stopped by Willies American Guitars in St. Paul today to drop off a guitar for some work, and happened to see a new Blackbird Clara Ukulele made of Blackbird's Ekoa material. To start with the fit and finish of the instrument were just amazing. But more important was the tone, which was remarkably warm for such a small body. I don't even play ukulele and I was tempted (though the $1350 price tag might have slowed me down a bit). The appearance was beautiful too, and absolutely did not look synthetic.

After that I would love to see one of their full sized El Capitan models, and maybe even take one to a bluegrass jam. Anybody have one yet?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 AM

Ekoa is a game changer, Steve. BTW, Joe introduced a new Ekoa Tenor Uke at NAMM that will make guitar players who have a hard time with smaller Uke's very happy.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Any word on a baritone uke?
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 PM

Yeah...I was on the Clara roadtrip through MacNichol. The Clara blew away my other two mid-priced tenor ukes in both volume and quality of sound. And made my concert Magic Flea sound like a toy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber