The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Default Quick Mount Pick-up for A&L Ami and Boss Micro BR?

I would like to get myself a pickup for my little parlour sized Ami guitar. This is so I can run it into a Boss Micro BR recorder rather than an amplifier. My main guitar is a Seagull S6 so the pickup would have to fit that guitar too ideally. My main concern is whether there is a pickup that will fit the small sound hole of the Ami and what the output of the pickup should be. I don't really understand electronics but as I don't have an amp I'd have thought the output should be quite high.

Finally, I don't have a big budget (about £50.00 max) so it might be wiser for me to invest in a microphone for the recorder as I find the built in one difficult to position. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd like to hear from you.

A&L Ami sound-hole diameter is 3 1/4 inches or 8.25cm

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Not sure about pickups, but here's a link to some mics that will plug right into your recorder and are powered by the bias voltage through the mini-jack. http://microphonemadness.com/categor...cableless.html

If you can stretch your budget to £65 by waiting a little longer, you can get a nice mini-gooseneck. Although, not sure about shipping costs and duties, etc. If you are in the UK, contact Orchid Electronics about custom; they're prices are very good.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the links. Maybe mic's are the way to go. I'd only looked at the Boss mic and hadn't considered goosenecks so thanks again.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM

The mics integral to the BR-80 get really good reviews in the BR forums....

http://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?board=90.0

(but not a lot of love for the effects....

Also, check out the BR website:

http://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/
Old 06-09-2012, 02:41 AM

Rhinitis for those links. Very impressive playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification