The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Flea-flicker touchdown!

And they’ve looking like crap ever since.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Go Seahawks!

HT EDIT - Come ON darnit!

FINAL EDIT - Seahawx sux.

Last edited by frankmcr; 12-09-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
And they’ve looking like crap ever since.
With the refs against them.
The Pats just got robbed of a touchdown.
Twice.
Pats caused a fumble, recovered by a Pats player,
but was whistled to stop, because the refs said no fumble,
Then it was overturned. If he was allowed to run, easy TD.
Soon after, a Pats player scored a touchdown, but
the refs said he was out of bounds at the 3 yard line, when he clearly was not.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
With the refs against them.

The Pats just got robbed of a touchdown.

Twice.

Pats caused a fumble, recovered by a Pats player,

but was whistled to stop, because the refs said no fumble,

Then it was overturned. If he was allowed to run, easy TD.

Soon after, a Pats player scored a touchdown, but

the refs said he was out of bounds at the 3 yard line, when he clearly was not.

Yeah all that happened after my comment. Horrible officiating. But they’re awake now. They need this TD and stop the chiefs. Overtime baby! Unless Belichick is brave enough to go for 2.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Pats just got robbed again by a missed obvious pass interference call!
Old 12-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Thumbs down

Pats lose, thanks to absolutely horrible officiating!!
Old 12-09-2019, 01:47 AM

What/who is up there doing the "Booth review"? After last year, to have this travesty of officiating foisted upon us is almost criminal! I'm just a casual viewer but if I had some skin in the game I'd be shouting about this trash.

Fog
Old 12-09-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Pats lose, thanks to absolutely horrible officiating!!
I hate to support the Patriots, but that game exemplified ridiculously poor officiating. The two most glaring mistakes cost the team 14 points and weren't judgement calls. They could easily have been overturned if not for arbitrary rules governing the review process.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:29 AM

10-3 sounds pretty good from where I'm sitting. Still, you "glass half empty" types have a point: the officiating is TERRIBLE.

Like the computerized strike zone and taking the "human element" out of baseball though, I think that the whole methodology of how they are able to determine probabilities and the positioning of a piece of pigskin on a pristinely manicured lawn I think that the NFL needs to enter the 21st century.

The fact that there is a 360 degree replay camera and replay is done in a hooded voting booth astounds me. The military has used drones to track insurgents for nearly a decade via an "eye in the sky." They have used laser guided bombs since the 90s, replacing a system used since the 1960s where a person on the ground had to "paint" a target with a similar device?

...but we can't determine whether a piece of pigskin broke the plane on a line painted on a perfectly manicured lawn with millions of people watching? PLEASE!

Every time someone walks through the door of the local Kwik-E-Mart a bell chimes and alarms at the exits of stores to prevent shoplifting and items are affixed with ink cartridges that explode when their sensor crosses an electronically-monitored line. There's electromagnetic/GPS technology out there to pinpoint stolen cars and wandering dementia patients then why is there not a sensor in the "sticks" or in the pylon at the corner of the end zones to determine when someone carries the ball across the plane?

BTW, I had a thought and Googled it: they now have motorcycle helmets with VR/heads up displays. They need to put sensors in the ball and on those ridiculous field marker sticks and those helmets on the refs. That way these "eagle eyes" can do their jobs better. I don't even care if they put one in Tom Brady's helmet? They can polarize the visor against laser beams.

Again, I don't care if a historically successful football team is struggling. Their accomplishments are in the history books, asterisks and all. What they're finding out is that they can't cheat Father Time. I also don't live or die that my team is running with an undrafted fourth string QB who was cut from the practice squad early in the season. What I'm actually loving about this season is that (for better or worse) there is parity. It's keeping people in Cincinnati and Buffalo alike equally engaged. Maybe it's the sports betting though!
Old 12-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

To all the rabid Pats fans here, a preview of the Super Bowl happened yesterday in the 48-46 49er-Saints clash yesterday. Either of those teams can smoke the Pats with the turbo charged offenses that were on display.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

As long as the bad officiating hurts the Saints and Pats, I'm fine with it. Heck, I'm in favor of it!

As for the Eagles, I actually hope Dallas wins the division this year, and I hate Dallas even more than the Patriots or Yankees. But both teams are freaking TERRIBLE this year, but one of them is gonna have to be in the playoffs by default. And then they're gonna run into a legitimate football team and it's gonna be UGLY. I'd rather the be Dallas so I can enjoy seeing them taken apart...

This is a year I'll have to adopt a team to root for. I'm thinking Niners in the NFC, Baltimore in the AFC. Although there are several teams I'd enjoy watching deep into the playoffs. My team just isn't among 'em.

-Ray
Old 12-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
To all the rabid Pats fans here, a preview of the Super Bowl happened yesterday in the 48-46 49er-Saints clash yesterday. Either of those teams can smoke the Pats with the turbo charged offenses that were on display.
Saints/Niners can't be a Superbowl preview.

While the Pat's offense is on life support their defense is still legit. I'm sure last year everyone thought the Rams would do the same to the Pats and look how that turned out. Also, yesterday's game was in a dome. The Superbowl is played outside this year and who knows, it might rain.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-09-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
10-3 sounds pretty good from where I'm sitting. Still, you "glass half empty" types have a point: the officiating is TERRIBLE.

Like the computerized strike zone and taking the "human element" out of baseball though, I think that the whole methodology of how they are able to determine probabilities and the positioning of a piece of pigskin on a pristinely manicured lawn I think that the NFL needs to enter the 21st century.

The fact that there is a 360 degree replay camera and replay is done in a hooded voting booth astounds me. The military has used drones to track insurgents for nearly a decade via an "eye in the sky." They have used laser guided bombs since the 90s, replacing a system used since the 1960s where a person on the ground had to "paint" a target with a similar device?

...but we can't determine whether a piece of pigskin broke the plane on a line painted on a perfectly manicured lawn with millions of people watching? PLEASE!

Every time someone walks through the door of the local Kwik-E-Mart a bell chimes and alarms at the exits of stores to prevent shoplifting and items are affixed with ink cartridges that explode when their sensor crosses an electronically-monitored line. There's electromagnetic/GPS technology out there to pinpoint stolen cars and wandering dementia patients then why is there not a sensor in the "sticks" or in the pylon at the corner of the end zones to determine when someone carries the ball across the plane?

BTW, I had a thought and Googled it: they now have motorcycle helmets with VR/heads up displays. They need to put sensors in the ball and on those ridiculous field marker sticks and those helmets on the refs. That way these "eagle eyes" can do their jobs better. I don't even care if they put one in Tom Brady's helmet? They can polarize the visor against laser beams.

Again, I don't care if a historically successful football team is struggling. Their accomplishments are in the history books, asterisks and all. What they're finding out is that they can't cheat Father Time. I also don't live or die that my team is running with an undrafted fourth string QB who was cut from the practice squad early in the season. What I'm actually loving about this season is that (for better or worse) there is parity. It's keeping people in Cincinnati and Buffalo alike equally engaged. Maybe it's the sports betting though!
I doubt Cincinnati is engaged.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
I doubt Cincinnati is engaged.
They were in it yesterday. Cleveland completely bought into the hype about themselves and shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get. They don’t need any help from the refs.

I’m not saying the Steelers are much better - if at all. After starting so terribly though every week is like a playoff game. The defense has kept them in it - even if the offense pulls some head scratchers like running a wildcat or three or a fake punt from your own red zone.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 AM

The whole technology thing has destroyed the game.
As a for instance, the “imaginary plane” of the goal line.
If the player’s body and the ball in his control are in the end zone, touchdown.
Otherwise no.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic