The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Best additional drum loops

I recently acquired the package of Presonus USB 96 and Studio One. I'm enjoying it so far but am finding that the selection of drum loops that come with Studio One are quite limited. Basically useless for blues, especially slow blues and shuffle. I'm also recording tunes best described as Americana or Roots, i.e., blends of country, folk, and blues, and not finding much that's useful for those tunes, either.

Anyone have suggestions as to best selections of aftermarket loops that are not ungodly expensive, particularly for the genres I've mentioned?

Santa Cruz H13
Huss & Dalton 00 Custom
Santa Cruz OM Grand
Boucher SG21G
Collings CJ35
Bourgeois Slope D Custom
Furch D22TSR
Gibson J45 Deluxe
Furch OM MM
Larrivee OM-02
Paul Beard Resonator
Nashville Tele
Slick SL-55
Sire Larry Carlton S7
Slick SL-60
Harmony Comet
PRS SE Silver Sky
Custom S Type
Thinline Tele
AXL USA Artist
AXL USA Bulldog

Old 12-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

Dont know of any drum loop libraries off hand but there must be some if you google.
You can always make your own drum tracks (to the rhythm and cadence to suit your playing) with the "Impact" VI that comes with the Artist version.
If the loops are audio based You can even convert the loop to midi with Impact Once that is done you can set the tempo to anything you like.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 12-02-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelD23 View Post
I recently acquired the package of Presonus USB 96 and Studio One. I'm enjoying it so far but am finding that the selection of drum loops that come with Studio One are quite limited. Basically useless for blues, especially slow blues and shuffle. I'm also recording tunes best described as Americana or Roots, i.e., blends of country, folk, and blues, and not finding much that's useful for those tunes, either.

Anyone have suggestions as to best selections of aftermarket loops that are not ungodly expensive, particularly for the genres I've mentioned?
I feel your pain. Blues is tough to find. I gave up and I decided to make my own drum tracks with real drums. Maybe i can help a brother out? You need loops and I need the practice. I can train, shuffle, belt out a steady 6/8 12 bar
slow groove.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Check out Drumcore 4 to see if they have any drummers you like: https://www.sonomawireworks.com/drumcore/#drummers

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut
Old 12-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelD23 View Post

Drums is hard! I always found anything I did with a drum machine or loops to be unsatisfying to play to.

May I suggest that you peruse some of the many full background drum sessions available on Youtube?

Typically the full (often song length...) drum track is played, and there's an option to download the loop for an additional small charge if you wish.

Jim Dooley's "Live Drums" would be a good place to start:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JimCDooley/videos

There are a LOT of tracks to choose from, so you may want to select by "playlist"; here's 11 "Blues" tracks to choose from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjT...1C38F09F25B42A

Last edited by Rudy4; 12-03-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, y'all. Looks like I've got some avenues to explore. Much appreciated, AGFers. And Johnny K, I may take you up on your offer.

Santa Cruz H13
Huss & Dalton 00 Custom
Santa Cruz OM Grand
Boucher SG21G
Collings CJ35
Bourgeois Slope D Custom
Furch D22TSR
Gibson J45 Deluxe
Furch OM MM
Larrivee OM-02
Paul Beard Resonator
Nashville Tele
Slick SL-55
Sire Larry Carlton S7
Slick SL-60
Harmony Comet
PRS SE Silver Sky
Custom S Type
Thinline Tele
AXL USA Artist
AXL USA Bulldog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD