The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-17-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimeblues View Post
yeah man, I went to your utube link and just listened to you, and it was really nice, and over on the side they have other links.

\Well, uh, chord changes are the essence of Flamenco (chording compass). That's what gives it its structure.... Keeping compas is religion for Flamenco (in the rhythmic palos, of course...)

Whew! It wasn't me
The reason the guitar sounds the way it does is because he has effects on it (probably very mild distortion/compression and some reverb).
Or it is just a cheap tape recorder. By the time I made my second trip, cassette recorders had become available, but they all had automatic gain, which sounded great for Flamenco but we went crazy trying to get that effect live. It has only been in the past decade or so that the pickups on acoustic-electrics are good enough so one can add elements in the signal chain....

BTH, I just got a Yamaha THR-10C and a THR-5A (acoustic) which are the best solutions yet (for me) in small, portable amps yet. The effects are very, very good, and the dry sound is also excellent...

Last edited by BuleriaChk; 01-17-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
\Well, uh, chord changes are the essence of Flamenco (chording compass). That's what gives it its structure.... Keeping compas is religion for Flamenco (in the rhythmic palos, of course...)

Whew! It wasn't me
The reason the guitar sounds the way it does is because he has effects on it (probably very mild distortion/compression and some reverb).
Or it is just a cheap tape recorder. By the time I made my second trip, cassette recorders had become available, but they all had automatic gain, which sounded great for Flamenco but we went crazy trying to get that effect live. It has only been in the past decade or so that the pickups on acoustic-electrics are good enough so one can add elements in the signal chain....

BTH, I just got a Yamaha THR-10C and a THR-5A (acoustic) which are the best solutions yet (for me) in small, portable amps yet. The effects are very, very good, and the dry sound is also excellent...
I quit recording and I'll tell you why. My best music is played with the tv in the background and the noisy furnace or a/c coming on right at the climax or the ambulance driving by with it's siren blaring just when I am mellowing out. And then when I would finally get a good recording I would listen to it constantly and be amazed at how good I was and quit playing, and never want to play that one again because it had already been played and recorded better than I can ever play it again.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post

Whew! It wasn't me

yes, it was the same for me in jazz. It started with a melody and by the time we got done with it was nothing but a series of chord changes. The question was asked, "Is there anything after Flemenco?" I suppose you could ask if there is anything after jamming on chord changes. If you are Bach, probably no, if you are me, maybe yes. 90% of the world doesn't recognize chord changes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical