The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-23-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Opinions on 310ce L7 Tasmanion Blackwood Tone

I purchased my first Taylor guitar about 9 months ago: a 310ce L7 with tasmaniun blackwood back and sides. It is the 1st solid wood guitar that I have owned in the 35 years that I have been playing guitar (I finally had a good crop year on the farm and was able to purchase a high end guitar). After so many years around farm machinery my hearing has suffered so I have to use an amp to hear while playing. This guitar sounds beautiful amplified. I was wondering how it sounds, to those of you who own one or have played one, unplugged.

Thanks - JJBU
Old 10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
.tom the übergeek

I am sure it sounds great. The 300 series is a great guitar to start with and the LTD series are always at least a little special.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:44 PM

I have the exact same guitar you do, bought it about 6 months ago, brand new. I love the sound of it... I enjoy how the sound just "runs" for so long in it, and I think it has just the right mix of basses and trebles, without getting too tinny or muddy.

Good guitar!

www.andrewsullivanmusic.com

Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Instagram
Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Winning!

some of us aussies would claim that tassie isn't really part of downunder

jokes aside i'm sure its a nice toy and sounds unreal and unique - congrats on the taylor and a very good crop year!

reagsbydesign (ree-g'ss-b'i-d'sine) n.1. expect the unexpected.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM

I have the same guitar as well....cept mine is the 314 instead of 310. But anyways...i absolutely ADORE it. I think the tazmanian blackwood is even more unique than say Koa even though the blackwood is fairly similar to koa. The great thing i've noticed about mine is the sustain and crisp clearness of every note. The notes all ring out so beautifully.

*Robin*
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 AM

I have a 312CE L7 and I think it sounds beautiful. Wonderfully articulate and warm sounding. I'm very pleased with this guitar. Enjoy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion