The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-28-2019, 06:18 PM

Default From Grandma’s Gibson to Luma Wabi Sabi

I had another guitar playing patient today, so I traded him a guitar pick for his guitar story.
He told me his most significant guitar was an old Gibson he had been given by an elderly female cousin. He enjoyed it for a few years, but after the death of the old lady, he learned that her grand-daughter was learning to play guitar. He felt she should have her grandmother’s guitar, so he gave it to her.
He said he now plays an Epiphone, but had recently bought a Luma Wabi Sabi, and said he was really impressed with that guitar.
I had never of that brand. He told me it means beauty in imperfection. I googled it and got this :
In traditional Japanese aesthetics, wabi-sabi is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete". Wikipedia
Learn something new every day.

Last edited by whvick; 09-28-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Hi,

Just so folks will know what guitar you are referring to it's Luna, not Luma.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tim T View Post
Hi,

Just so folks will know what guitar you are referring to it's Luna, not Luma.

Thanks for the correction. The more I talk to people the more I hear about brands I have never heard of.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion