The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-23-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Any Good Guitar Shops in Branson

I'm going to be in Branson later this week. Wondered if there were any good guitar shops to check out. Thanks for any imput.

( @ )===:::
Old 07-23-2003, 08:51 AM

I don't know about guitar shops but there's a cool Dulcimer shop. I'm not sure what's it's called but you can't miss it. Especially if you ask someone. It's on the main strip in a brown shopping center that sits perpendicular to the street.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-Gil Bailie
Old 07-23-2003, 06:58 PM

I did visit a guitar outlet there that had a lot of Johnsons. Drive a little farther to Aurora, MO and there was a good store there 18 months ago. Taylor, Lowden, Breedlove, Gallagher, Larrivee. Plus it is a pawn shop as well. Look it up on the dealer lists. 45 minutes from Branson.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by C Williams
I did visit a guitar outlet there that had a lot of Johnsons. Drive a little farther to Aurora, MO and there was a good store there 18 months ago. Taylor, Lowden, Breedlove, Gallagher, Larrivee. Plus it is a pawn shop as well. Look it up on the dealer lists. 45 minutes from Branson.
I noticed in your location it says "Cherokee Nation". Are you Cherokee Indian ? I'm almost half Cherokee.

( @ )===:::
Old 07-24-2003, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark E <><

I noticed in your location it says "Cherokee Nation". Are you Cherokee Indian ? I'm almost half Cherokee.
Not enough Cherokee to count. I think my G-G-G-Great Grandmother was Cherokee, but I'm not sure. I just live in that part of Oklahoma that was once the Cherokee Nation.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:43 AM

I can't understand why Branson doesn't two or three GREAT guitar stores! (There is one store that has mostly low-end stuff, with their high end being Taks. Lots of cheap (Palatino) violins and of course tapes and CDs.) Branson has so many shows with live musicians. Between all those musicians and the tourists... Definitely a need for the area. Surely somebody will figure that out before long.

As a side note, a suprising number of billboards on the highways outside Branson show musicians playing Alverez guitars. I would have expected something more like Martins or Gibsons or Taylors or Collings...
1990's? Yamaha Classical
1970's? Ventura 5-string banjo
1940's? Tonemaster lap steel
Old 07-24-2003, 12:14 PM

From what the Owner of that Aurora Music store told me, the Branson musicians don't live in Branson, but around about and come in to his store. From his stock (18 months ago) you could see why.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:05 PM

Oh Branson..........that brings back good memories of when I was a kid and my parents would take us to Silver Dollar City.

<>< Red ><>

814ce
USA Custom Strat (MY BABY! thanks Tommy)
PRS Singlecut (10-top with Paua birds)
Vox AD120
Ultrasound 50-DS?
Female Golden Retriever-Zoe
Male Golden Retriever-Rusty (aka Bad Bad Rusty Brown)
Old 07-24-2003, 03:18 PM

c williams: Even if the musicians live outside Branson, Branson is where they go every day. For repairs, for purchases, Branson needs a good guitar store!

cakes: I haven't seen a Taylor in a Branson store, though I've seen them on stage. We go camping in Branson a few times each summer and I always make time to look for musical stuff.
1990's? Yamaha Classical
1970's? Ventura 5-string banjo
1940's? Tonemaster lap steel
Old 07-25-2003, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flatpicknut

For repairs, for purchases, Branson needs a good guitar store!

Amen to that.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:55 PM

I guess I got to this thread a bit late...I have a repair shop in Branson, although I've been building more of late than repairing....five electroCoustics in process right now. Give me holler when you're in town...my shops a total wreck, but I love to demo my guitars. My URL is below....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification