The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-25-2003, 07:45 AM

Default 1980 Guild D30

I found a 1980 Guild D30 with maple body, spruce top that I'm thinking about. It's in really good shape. They're asking $699. I guess my main worry is that I'd love a new 310 or 314. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Me

I had one of those, it was very rare in that it had dark stained maple on the back and sides. I loved that guitar and played it for many years. When I got my Taylor I was sad to see it go, but the Taylor sounds so much better to me. Can you A/B against the Taylor you want. That would be the best way to decide. If you decide for the Guild that would not be a bad thing at all. The maple is a laminate, but not a "cheap" laminate. Guild did that to make the arched back, which is a cool feature. That guitar is loud and projects very well. I like looking inside and not seeing any bracing.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:30 PM

I love Guilds but in this case it's too much money and I think you'd be happier with a 3 series Taylor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification