The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Shout out to a nice brick and mortar store in Missouri

I was shopping for a while for a second electric guitar to mate up to some new OEM upgrade parts I have. I shopped around a while and didn't want to over-spend for a "spare" guitar.

My shopping experiences were the catalyst for THIS thread.

I did a little searching and found a shop in Lebanon Missouri had a guitar I really liked. On a whim I gave them a call. A nice gent named Trent answered the phone. We chatted a bit and he made me a nice offer for the guitar, then even (after I already agreed) shared some of the shipping costs with me.

Then I got an email from him. Then an immediate email with my UPS tracking number.

Just great service.

And not just because I got a guitar I look forward to and he gave me a great price but because he was such a pleasure to talk to and they worked *WITH* me and treated me like a valued customer not an annoyance.

Just a great experience.

If anyone is in the Lebanon Missouri area check them out, or even look them up online.

(this is not a compensated endorsement of any kind - simply positive feedback on a nice retail experience, which we don't see too often anymore)

Morgan Music Service
689 N. Washington Ave.
Lebanon, MO 65536
(800)869-5559

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 11-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Still a few places like that left - just won't find them in big cities anymore like back in the '50s/60s...
Old 11-14-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Still a few places like that left - just won't find them in big cities anymore like back in the '50s/60s...
Not true. I had a great experience with a store that shall remain nameless only because they're not a forum sponsor. They are located in a large Texas City and have a large online presence too. They worked with me on the price of the guitar I wanted and shipped it out right away with tracking number and packed amazingly well.

There might be FEWER big city stores doing the high level customer service routine but you can certainly still find 'em.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:15 PM

I believe there are many, many similar stores all around the country. If they have a local-only mentality in 2019 they will eventually go under. If they, like the store Fazool linked to, have a nice web-site and (again like this company) a quality selection, they will continue to do fine as long as they - like every successful business - operate with excellent lean business principles.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic