The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-18-2018, 02:41 AM

Default My Album is Released!

Hi everyone! I would be really happy if you listened to my album, which was released several days ago.
It is an instrumental concept album, which conveys the ideas of self-perfection and travelling.
All the compositions are performed on the acoustic guitar and together they form a story about going to different places, both real and imaginary. At the beginning of the album we come to understanding that it is time to make a change in our life. “Thinking it over”, we decide to make a “Journey” to exotic places. The track conjures up haste, train noise, flying by plane and even air pockets. After the first journey we become more open to new sensations, such as having a bathe at night, or “Touching the Summer Rain”, or even going to Spain, Alesia’s favourite country. When an eventful journey ends, we return to our daily routine, which can easily cause nostalgia and melancholy. However, after “Overcoming” the sadness we realize that a geographical journey is not the only possible way of travelling. For example, “А Mysterious Tale” instantly takes us to places and epochs we have never been to. Being mesmerized, we have a “Nightmare”, another trip – this time to the depth of our subconscious. In the “Morning” the nightmare fades away and our next destination is the “Land of Chaos”. What is this place like? You can find it out only by listening to the relevant composition. Each successive destination is connected with a greater degree of discomfort. While at the beginning of the album we go to southern countries and exotic lands, in the middle of it we find ourselves in sinister, though imaginary places. Eventually we become strong enough to visit the Arctic region, the most severe place where “Saxifrages” grow. Inspired by the resilience of these flowers, we find the harmony, reflected in the “Lullaby”.

Describing music is a difficult and hardly realizable task, so just listen to the album on my YouTube channel and experience this journey yourselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUs...m4fHNYWdkofjEM

Last edited by Misha Ramaniuk; 09-18-2018 at 03:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new CD. Lots of time and effort involved I am sure.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 09-18-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Congrats on your new CD. Lots of time and effort involved I am sure.
Thank you very much, rick-slo! You are absolutely right, but of course it was very pleasant work
Old 09-18-2018, 12:52 PM

Gave it a listen, sounds really good! A lot the rhythm/harmonies reminded me of andrew york.

Taylor 210e, Alvarez AC65, Yamaha CG 101, Cordoba C5, San Cristobal Cigar Box Guitar, Pueblo Drum

My Stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVm...UlGJ1FX1KRzszw
Old 09-19-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcawi View Post
Gave it a listen, sounds really good! A lot the rhythm/harmonies reminded me of andrew york.
Thanks ezcawi! I'm still not sure whether such an abundance of harmonies (and dissonance) is good or bad, but I hope that at least it isn't boring. Andrew York is surely much more sophisticated
Old 10-15-2018, 10:37 PM

sounds really nice. i love it!! Good luck with it and have fun

-OP
Old 10-16-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offeringplate View Post
sounds really nice. i love it!! Good luck with it and have fun

-OP
Thanks offeringplate! I'm happy you liked it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases