The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-23-2022, 01:25 PM

Default Pulled out my GS Mini

crud, wrong forum
Eastman MD-514 Mandolin - spruce & maple
Kentucky KM-250 Mandolin - spruce & maple
Old 05-23-2022, 02:36 PM

Not necessarily - you might be surprised to learn that, if you're using a simple piezo UST such as the ES-B system, IME you'll get a far more "acoustic" tone through the low-gain input of an American-voiced (think blackface Fender, blue-check Ampeg, '70s-80s Peavey, "orange/grey-stripe" pre-1985 Randall, et al. - and Celestions are a definite no-no), mid-/high-powered tube or analog solid-state 1x12"/2x12"/1x15" combo, than any of the current generation of dedicated "acoustic-electric" amps...

If you're interested, we'll be more than happy to help you find something appropriate...

Now, aren't you glad you came here first...?
Old 05-24-2022, 07:51 AM

I used a GS Mini (mahogany) to play an electric gig I was previously committed to before a collarbone injury requiring a long recuperation. It was equipped with a K&K Pure Mini pickup and I used a D'Addario Screeching Halt sound hole plug so I could play it at high volume without feedback.

I normally would have used my Telecaster, but three hours of slinging my Tele wasn't something I wanted to do.

My gig was delightful, and playing my GS Mini as an "electric guitar" was great fun, and easy on my still tender collarbone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars