The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-27-2019, 06:08 AM
Charter Member

Kori...just happened to click on "open mic" and saw this post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Mom was an inspiration and she will continue to be. You carry that gift forward with the same beauty and grace. Sending prayers and love your way...peace be with you!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 09-14-2019, 06:08 AM
Charter Member

Thank you all for reaching out. I truly appreciate all of your lovely comments and each of you taking the time to share.

The last couple of weeks have been difficult and I suspect it will be that way for some time. That said, the kindness of the AGF and your friendship brings a smile to my face.

Thanks, all!
Old 09-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Hi Kori. It’s nice to see you back with the gang.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
My mom gently and peacefully left this world yesterday morning. She was surrounded by joy, love, and music. "Let It Be" graced the halls of the hospice center as she was taken to begin her new journey. We sang and we danced with family, friends, and the staff that took such tremendous care of her the last 24 hours. It was a beautiful send-off that mirrored a beautiful life.

Mom was my musical muse. She gave me that gift when I was a little girl. She was often my "sidekick" when visiting guitar shops. She had an incredible ear for good guitar tone and she never tired of listening to one guitar after another. She was patient, and curious, and she would ask about woods, and she would quickly tell me when when she heard one that sounded special.

She heard the magic in the Julian Lage model pictured, here. She heard it before I did. In her gentle and wise way she simply said, "that is what a guitar should sound like - it needs to come with us." And, just like that, it did. It was her guitar, it was our guitar, and it is the guitar that will forever be with me - just like my mother's love.

Mom knew of so many of you. While you did not have the pleasure of meeting her, she knew the joy you have brought to me and that, so mattered to her. So, thank you, my "guitar geek" friends as you are affectionately called in our home. My mom thanks you for the friendship you have given me and the support I have received from all of you on my musical journey.

The last gift my mom gave me was "gratitude." She delicately placed it in my heart yesterday afternoon. She lived in a state of gratitude until the very end and with that, I will do my best to carry that forward.

So, to you, my fellow "guitar geeks" please, know that I am grateful to you, for this forum and for a place to carry on my mom's love of music.

She sounds like a wonderful lady. What a great photo - how fortunate to have been able to share the joy of music together. I’m so very sorry that she gone on, but hopeful that you have your family and fond memories.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic