The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Smile Plugin Alliance Mega Bundle

Plugin Alliance is now offering a mega bundle subscription plan where you get licenses for over a hundred studio quality plugins for only $24.99 per month or $249.99 per year. Most of their plugins retail for close to $249, so the pricing is ridiculous. I have bought individual licenses for many of their plugins over the last few years, and the quality and stability is top notch, and on par with the many Universal Audio plugins I previously owned. They offer EQ's, compressors, mastering tools, amp simulators, channel strips, virtual instruments, reverbs and more.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/

I am not affiliated with Plugin Alliance, but have been a long term satisfied customer.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut
Old 08-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

PA has some really good sales fairly often and they give out coupons occasionally. I just checked my account. I've bought 35 plugins from them over the years and have never paid anywhere close to full price.

Just to give an idea of what's possible, these are some purchases I made:

elysia museq ($149), SPL De-Verb ($49), SPL Attacker ($49), SPL Mo-Verb ($49), and Millenia NSEQ-2 ($249) bought for $70.25

brainworx bx-stereomaker ($99) bought for $9

elysia nvelope ($199) bought for $29

elysia karacter ($149) bought for $9

bx-XL v2 ($299), bx_refinement ($199), bx_saturator v2 ($199), bx_bluechorus2 ($49), bx_greenscreamer ($49) all bought for $107

The subscription may be a good idea for someone new to this game because for a relatively low fee you can get your hands on some really excellent plugins and it gives those folks a chance to play with some things and get a sense of what they like and don't like. But in the long run, I'm not a fan of subscription services. I don't like that work I've done will be lost should I decide to end the subscription.

Buying from PA is much like buying UAD stuff: if you're smart and patient, you don't have to fork over pounds of flesh. So for a beginner I'd say get the subscription and figure out what you really like, then work the sales so you can dump the subscription at some point.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD