The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-17-2022, 04:43 AM

Default Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam - The Vaselines/Nirvana

Hope you like my take on this classic from the Vaselines/Nirvana - one of my faves from Unplugged in New York.

I've done a few off Unplugged now - Oh, Me! and Polly - and have decided to cover the entire album going forward! It has been such an important album for me musicially - really one of the top 3, in terms of its impact and significance for me. I love every song.

Please subscribe to my youtube channel if you like this and want to see the project unfold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQophem4FlM

Old 01-21-2022, 05:55 PM

I am not familiar with this tune but enjoyed it very much just the same. It has dawned on me as of late, songs that we hold dear, that have a special meaning to us, are the songs we pay very special attention to as we play them. It is as if we take extra care not to disrespect the artists or the songs by presenting a half baked attempt. I have very high standards with Beatles covers, and won’t even consider doing CS&N covers knowing full well I could never do them justice.

I think, by the sound of this production, you get that. Good luck with your upcoming Unplugged project. I’m sure it will be a success.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:37 PM
AGF Administrator

I dig it.

Unplugged came out around the time I started learning guitar and I still watch the DVD I have of it from time to time. I learned many of the songs from that performance.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:30 PM

Hi Millsey-Tea,
Your guitar can sing. Of course, the fingers that play the guitar has the magic.
Beautiful playing.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene
Old 01-28-2022, 06:18 AM

Nirvana was the reason I got my first Strat (cheap copy, of course) and started playing guitar. These songs certainly have place in my heart.
Very well done, thank you for sharing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
classical guitar cover, fingerstyle