The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-08-2022, 04:27 PM

Default Strings on Cordoba Fusion

Any advice most appreciated. I feel like I'm almost there on a nylon solo sound. I play fingerstyle/Chet/Tommy. This relatively inexpensive Cordoba Fusion with an LB6 installed, through a Fire-Eye into an AER sounds great. Playability is very good, bass and middle tones are great. The melody rings out too. It is just that those higher notes, say from A on up (on the high e string) sound a little plastic/strident.
I'm embarrassed to say I don't what strings are on there, but thinking I put D'addario light or mediums on last. Any ideas on how to sweeten up the high end? (I messed with the eqs on the aer and the treble boost on the fire eye).

Thanks very much. My inclination is to try some Savarez mediums, but would like advice. I'd prefer to stay away form high tensions for playability reasons.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:59 AM

Did you like it's tone when you got it (new I assume?) If so, put Cordoba strings back on it. Not sure if that model gets high-tensions?
2023 Traveler Redlands Spruce Concert

"Just play today. The rest will work itself out." - Bob from Brooklyn
Old 05-10-2022, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

I have a fusion maple, it likes carbon strings and comes as standard with savarez Corum 500 hard tension. I have standard tension carbons on it just now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical