The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-07-2023, 03:02 PM

Default NGD - LAG Tramontane t70a

Was looking for an inexpensive guitar take to the local jams. Came across this LAG and picked this one up from Marketplace. Not a fancy guitar, but a few splashes of style ( black tuners, pins, saddle and nut, ovoid rosette ). It was originally purchased from a very good local shop, who started to carry LAG as the Godin lines have crept up in price in Canada at least. Kind of reminds me of the Godin Concer Halls.

The selling shop gave it a great setup. The LAG sounds quite nice for the price point. String spacing at the saddle is generous considering the narrower nut. Fit and finish is great. The strings on my sample were essentially new, I don't think the guitar was played at all. Only negative I can see is that the head stock is kinda large and makes a tight fit in an OM sized gig bag.

Last edited by superdave; 06-07-2023 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

I like it! clean, simple lines, with a beautiful rosette design. Never heard of the brand before.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBee View Post
I like it! clean, simple lines, with a beautiful rosette design. Never heard of the brand before.
They are a French design, manufactured in China. I had never heard of them either, but have a jam buddy working in the local shop that is selling them. He gave then the green light, and that was good enough for me. They sell new for $450 CAD.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
lag, lag acoustic guitars