The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-06-2023, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Our main family room TV is a Sony Bravia XBR-65A1E, which we bought in 2018. It’s wall-mounted, at eye level when sitting and watching.

We love the picture. Its own sound is pretty fair, but I have it hooked up to a Sony AV receiver, 5 Orb speakers and a Yamaha sub, which we use for most of our viewing.

One of the reasons we bought it was for the ‘smart’ functionality, but frankly, it’s a pain in the rear. The Android o/s seems flaky and slow, and has an annoying propensity to reboot for random reasons. I fixed that by disconnecting it from wi-fi (so that it’s not constantly searching for updates), and we use a Roku for all streaming content. We have other TVs, all of which have Rokus attached, so that provides a consistent user experience throughout the house.
That was my experience with a Sony Bravia, as well. All my other TVs are Samsungs run thru Rokus, and they all work fine.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:40 PM

Thanks y'all, great information.
Are there any longterm concerns mounting to wall, mounted properly, with the stress on the 2x4's ? We had 2x6's in our "tiny" home in Pa. We have recently relocated back to Texas and had to purchase an older home, due to the cost of housing in North Texas.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyS View Post
Thanks y'all, great information.
Are there any longterm concerns mounting to wall, mounted properly, with the stress on the 2x4's ? We had 2x6's in our "tiny" home in Pa. We have recently relocated back to Texas and had to purchase an older home, due to the cost of housing in North Texas.
Can you spread the load across two or three of them by mounting a "stretcher" across the wall?
Old 06-07-2023, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

We have a Samsung 55” Frame TV over the fireplace because I like it to display art when not functioning as a TV. We have an 85” Sony upstairs for movies. Both are great TVs.

——

Last edited by K20C; 06-07-2023 at 02:37 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic