The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

One week from today, I’m facing a must-attend all-faculty meeting during which our newly appointed interim president will announce a budget austerity plan.

I’ve set a goal for myself to keep my mouth shut.

Optima dies, prima fugit
For Sale: Larrivee P 01Khttps://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...49#post7433849
Old 08-01-2022, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
One week from today, I’m facing a must-attend all-faculty meeting during which our newly appointed interim president will announce a budget austerity plan.

I’ve set a goal for myself to keep my mouth shut.
Good luck with that, Jim....
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-01-2022, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

1. We had a plumber in our house for EIGHT DAYS SOLID.

Now he's chasing me for the money for the job that he hasn't resolved.

Probably going to cost me twice as much, and more aggravation!

2. I had to have Rupert put down after the drugs that the vets gave him drove him crazy (ok crazier). I really miss the crazy furry guy.

3. A nearby neighbour has a dog that barks loudly at periods day and night. How can a dog be happy if it has to do that? n.b. Neighbour is about 300lbs - aggressive and all muscle (including head!)

4. My Financial Advisor for about 15 years has promoted himself to the big boss and no longer seeing clients. The woman he's passed me onto doesn't seem to understand the situation. This has been going in since early June. I still can't get her to action some simple stuff and is costing me money!

5. I bought a new brush cutter/strimmer for the allotments. It was too heavy fore me to handle. I've had backache since I first started it up . I sold it last week, via facebook marketplace, losing on the deal, then found out I'd sold it to another musician that I don't really like!

On the other hand: I've has sepsis, peritonitis, pneumonia (twice) measles chicken pox, shingles, bronchiecstasis, heart failure, and cancer.

When I wake up in the mornings I check to see what is working and if anything has fallen off, and think:
Wow,I'm still alive! I'm pretty grateful all things considered.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:51 AM

Women with fake holes and tears in their jeans.
Tailgaters.
Walmart, used to actually like going there. Now always one checker open with long lines. Nowadays it's walmart.com
I can't seem to open anything from a store anymore without my toolkit.
Looking at everything from grocery store, "didn't this used to be bigger? and cheaper?"
Old 08-01-2022, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

My new guitar is sitting in a UPS warehouse in Oklahoma for three days!

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 08-01-2022, 09:33 AM

Two favorite, interconnected rants…
All the folks in the world, young and old, who never look up from their phones and, in the process, make my life harder…how? See next:
I spend most of my Summer at a small beach town in South Jersey. NJ has a “yield to pedestrian in the cross walk” law, which is fine but for the number of numbskulls who blindly walk into the street without looking up for one nanosecond to see if a car is coming. Drives me crazy…
Old 08-01-2022, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Is still better than having your telephone shut off for non-payment. Yes, there are some things in this life that ruffle our feathers; but at times like those, I try to feel appreciative for just having those feathers...
Wrong thread

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 08-01-2022, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Being on hold for 25 minutes and hearing "your call is very important to us" 50 times.

...and the nauseating "music" they play while you hold. For crying out loud! How hard would it be to put on a radio station, or 20 minutes of classical music instead of a 20-second loop of electronica that hiccups and starts over again halfway through a 4-count measure? Then, after I finally complete my call (half an hour later), guess what stays stuck in my head for the rest of the morning. Arhythmic stutter and all!

Last edited by tinnitus; 08-02-2022 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkronk View Post
OK, I'm opening this thread for any and all who'd like to vent about stuff they can't do anything about. (Remember the forum rules, though...no politics or religion.)
We can't vent about the forum rules either, but can we vent about not being able to vent about the rules? Or vent about not being able to vent about venting about said rules?

Oh well, way too many things I can't do anything about and ye all don't wanna know about. but this is a probably the main one

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 08-01-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
Oh well, way too many things I can't do anything about and ye all don't wanna know about. but this is a probably the main one

Old 08-01-2022, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
Women with fake holes and tears in their jeans.
+1

While my adult son and his fashionista GF are comfortably aligned with my outlook on many/most topics, I must be careful expressing views on a couple of things. One being, "What happened, did she run over those jeans with a lawnmower?"
Old 08-01-2022, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

What's bugging me (literally) is I have tiny little ants in a couple of places in my RV, where I stay in the mountains in the summer (because it's too hot at home). I tried a natural ant killer. Naturally, it only worked for about a day. Ants came back the next morning. I tried an enzyme based ant killer the next day. It worked about as long as the first one. These little buggers are tough.

I don't want to use the Raid ant killer but I may have to. I'm tired of feeling like the ants are crawling all over me (they're not, but it feels that way knowing they're all over the place).

OK. Ran'ts done. Gotta go kill some ants. I hope.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:27 PM

Wow. You folks are both ranting and hilarious. I broke up laughing at more than a few. Thanks.

So many that I agree with.

One of mine: people who turn their signal light on halfway through their turn. Uh, signal lights are to tell others what you are GOING to do. Not what you ARE doing. I can see what you are doing. I do not need your light to see what you are doing. It would be very nice if you let me know you are going to turn - rather that sit behind you waiting, thinking you are going straight. Argh.

I am a cyclist. I like bike paths. But the city of Vancouver has gone mad, and very very stupid. They are putting in stuff that costs money, makes drivers go 10 minutes out of their way because they no longer can drive that street. Yes we want less drivers pumping crap into the sir. So how is making drivers add an extra 10 minutes helping? Especially when every cyclist I have met says the changes and barriers make ZERO difference for them. Argh.

Keep up the posts! I have had a few chuckles.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 08-02-2022, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
I don't want to use the Raid ant killer but I may have to. I'm tired of feeling like the ants are crawling all over me (they're not, but it feels that way knowing they're all over the place).
Have you tried the "barrier" form, if you don't want to use they take back to the nest (and is supposed to kill it)? Killing just the buggers that enter where they shouldn't one way or another isn't going to make much of a difference for them (and any formula that acts via their respiratory system will hardly get transferred to others if at all).

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 08-02-2022, 07:22 AM

Default On using turn signals

I like this way to describe it: "A turn signal is supposed to signal your intentions, not you're accomplishments".
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic