The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-08-2023, 05:32 AM

Default Has Anyone Here Played a Furch Blue OM-CM?

Curious to see if you've played one and can describe its tone, for reference I haven't played a lot of OM's but I've played several Larrivee OM's, Martin 000's, and for reference I play a Guild D-40 and a Yamaha LL16.
Old 06-08-2023, 09:28 AM

I have not played the Furch Blue OM-CM, but I have played the GA-CM. If the the OM sounds anything like the GA then it is a really good sounding guitar. Im not really good at describing sound but it seemed to me that the cedar top really gave the guitar a warm sound that I really liked and yet it wasnt short on having a nice clarity to it also. I have heard that you cant push cedar topped guitars to hard on strumming but I didnt find that true at all. I dug in pretty hard on it with no issues at all. Now if that would be the case with the OM I dont know. I really fell for the sound of that Cedar top. And by the way I will be receiving a Yamaha LL16R tomorrow from Sweetwater. I know the Yamaha is a great guitar. This will be the second one that I have owned.

Last edited by baw3; 06-08-2023 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:05 AM

I have and posted about it (and a couple others) here:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...51&postcount=1

Old 06-08-2023, 10:38 AM

Hi,

about five years ago I owned one for a year. I would describe the guitar as fast, offensive, clear, transparent. Excellent for fingerpicking, great for dirty and aggressive blues and acoustic rock. Really great if you are looking for something like this.

Not an allrounder imho. Never really Hifi, not pianolike, not "nice". If you want that, it might be the wrong guitar.

These days I found myself owning four acoustic stage guitars. I am a weekend player - four stage guitars? I sold two of them, the Furch was one of them.

cu

erniecaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion