The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-17-2019, 08:44 PM

Default Amplifire 6

Does anyone have experience with an Amplifire 6. At church I run my electric directly into the PA system and I am not happy with the sound. Bringing my amp (Mesa Transatlantic 15) and mic’ing it into the PA is simply not politically acceptable even though it would sound great.

The Amplifire would give me amp and cab modeling. It seems like it might solve this problem.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Jack

1975 Mossman Great
1995 Taylor LKSM-12
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GC
2008 Applegate C Nylon Crossover
Fender Stratocaster - Eric Johnson Model
Nyberg Cittern
2011 Eastman AC508M
2012 Epiphone ES339
Old 06-20-2019, 04:13 PM

Default American Sound

I'm a worship service player as well. On the TDPRI forum this subject comes up a lot and a very inexpensive solution that a lot of players have been very happy with is the Joyo American Sound pedal, which is a Chinese knock-off of the tech 21 blond. I comes very close to the classic black face Fender sound and you just run it through a DI into the PA. Many guys who love their tube amps claim it sounds quite good. Luckily, they're still letting me keep my Princeton Reverb on stage in our band. The day may come however, …
Old 07-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Roy

I had never really n across this pedal. Did a lot of reading about the Joyo pedal and almost everyone says great things. The fact it is a Tech21 clone (at 1/6 the price) is a strong recommendation as well. At $30 it was a very low risk. I ordered one and so far are highly impressed impressed by the sound.

I’m setting up on Wednesday to see how it sounds through our sound system. If I like it I will also order the Joyo British pedal.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

1975 Mossman Great
1995 Taylor LKSM-12
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GC
Nyberg Cittern
2011 Eastman AC508M
2012 Epiphone ES339
Old 07-09-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
Roy

I had never really n across this pedal. Did a lot of reading about the Joyo pedal and almost everyone says great things. The fact it is a Tech21 clone (at 1/6 the price) is a strong recommendation as well. At $30 it was a very low risk. I ordered one and so far are highly impressed impressed by the sound.

I’m setting up on Wednesday to see how it sounds through our sound system. If I like it I will also order the Joyo British pedal.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack
I have a few Joyos... all excellent.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 07-16-2019, 09:28 AM

So I played on Sunday with pedal board plugged into the PA. It had sounded very thin before but with the Joyo, it sounded great. It sounded full and when you dug in you would get the natural breakup of an amp.

I bought the Joyo American (Fender) and the Joyo British (Marshall) which covers the sounds I was after. They also offer a Vox and Mesa pedal if you prefer that sound.

I highly recommend these pedals.

Jack

1975 Mossman Great
1995 Taylor LKSM-12
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GC
Nyberg Cittern
2011 Eastman AC508M
2012 Epiphone ES339

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars