The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-26-2019, 04:15 AM

Default Rolling Bender plus Hipshot B-Bender

In case anyone is crazy or curious enough, this can be combined. The Rolling Bender stock screw wasn't long enough and they had to send a longer screw. I wanted to operate both benders independently.

Rolling Bender
Pro: Light, easy to install. Can be installed on most Strat and Tele style bridge. They offer individual saddles and traditional Tele saddles. Not particularly expensive.
Con: Picking hand needs to move to use it and it's a little harder to do gradual bends. The latter might improve with technique over time. I wish they offered angled levers or something that would allow 2 Rolling Benders independently.

Hipshot B Bender
Pro: Just tug on the strap and no need to move either hand. Very good for gradual bends.
Con: Requires extensive surgery. Extremely heavy. Limited to the Tele shape.

I might look at the Duesenberg multi-bender at some point.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:14 AM

I'm a big fan of Hipshot B-Bender Telecasters. (Eventually got to play one some time ago and it was well worth the wait).

My dream Telecaster was to be a Hipshot B-Bender with a leather cover a la Waylon Jennings but in the end I got myself a plain blonde Telecaster and installed a Bigsby. (No regrets because I love my Telecaster).

Last edited by Steel and wood; 05-26-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:14 AM

Not sure what a "rolling bender" is...

Is this something that's better than using a Tele equipped with dual benders actuated by strap ends at both the tailpiece and upper bout?
Old 05-26-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Not sure what a "rolling bender" is...

Is this something that's better than using a Tele equipped with dual benders actuated by strap ends at both the tailpiece and upper bout?

The maker of this drop in saddle.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars