The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Default DTAR Wavelength Blended w/MiniFlex 2Mic

I recently removed the Baggs Anthem SL system from my cedar/mahogany OM and replaced it with a DTAR Wavelength UST system. The Anthem SL worked very well in the OM, but it was a little redundant since I already had a MiniFlex 2Mic system in the same guitar (running to a second jack). In addition to the redundancy thing, I wanted to try the Anthem SL in another guitar.

In any event, I curently have a DTAR Wavelength UST system and a MiniFlex 2Mic system in the same cedar/mahogany Samick OM. I spent some time today experimenting with blending the signals and recording the result to a Zoom H4. Here are the results (noodling in a variety of playing styles) in mp3 form.
Wavelength/MiniFlex 2Mic Blend

Gary
Old 12-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Do you have the MiniFlex wired to the Wavelength preamp as a second source and mixed externally or are they going through completely seperate outputs?

Nick
Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 AM

Hi Nick,

Two jacks.

Gary

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification