The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 12-21-2021, 09:06 AM

Default Case for a Republic 12 fret Tricone?

Not a legal case, but a guitar case... The case Frank provided with my Republic Tricone was just fine, but it got damage and had to be discarded. At the time Frank said he was out of stock but would let me know when he had them. It's been a few years and now he is unresponsive. I can't recall what brand or model but I seem to remember it was similar to a Travelite. The TL-60 seems to be about the right size.
Most companies offer something that is sized for a classical or 00 guitar but most seem a bit big and I'd want it snug. I also think I need an arch case so there is extra room for the bridge and cover. Elderly also sells a Guardian Vintage "00" case that claims to fit a "National style" resonator.
I don't plan to travel or even gig much of at all with this guitar so I don't need the best or most expensive.
Any recommendations based on experience? What case fits your Tricone Resonator?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments