The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Congrats Juston! John is a Wizzard, and incredible person! I've always loved his Maple small models

"I strive to build my instruments with the finest Tone, Ergonomics & Aesthetics"

https://www.benjaminpaldacciguitars.com/
Old 04-06-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
I'm still lusting for this guitar, Juston. Stunning in every way. One of my favorite guitars I've ever encountered.
+1 on all of that. Did somebody mention this thing is LOUD? I've never encountered a louder guitar, at least one that was so beautiful and musical at the same time. Be careful of the mic placement when you record it for us!
Old 04-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
I'm still lusting for this guitar, Juston. Stunning in every way. One of my favorite guitars I've ever encountered.
I'm really glad you got a chance to play it, JT. It's fun to share the experience of these guitars with others. This one even seems special in John's body of work. I think maple is perhaps his greatest medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
I got to play this at B. I. G.

Light as a feather and super resonant! Beautiful too!!! And I enjoyed your fingerpicking a LOT!!!

Enjoy it and have FUN

Paul
Thanks, Paul! I'm a shy public performer. And you're right, I always play faster than I'm able! It was a pleasure meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminPaldacci View Post
Congrats Juston! John is a Wizzard, and incredible person! I've always loved his Maple small models
Benbenben, yes he's a gem. And a wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
+1 on all of that. Did somebody mention this thing is LOUD? I've never encountered a louder guitar, at least one that was so beautiful and musical at the same time. Be careful of the mic placement when you record it for us!
I will be careful. The mic usually turns itself off after a couple bars of my playing. It's a self-protection mechanism.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Here are three recordings. Not entirely happy with the authenticity of the sound, but I think I'm running up against the limitations of the H4n mics.

The Fisherman

Three Gospel Blues (Gary Davis Adaptation)

Three Part Freight Train
Old 04-13-2019, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Need we say more? “Oh the humanity”...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Perfect!!
Old 04-13-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha. Perfect!!
Yeah. What a shame that this guitar is going to, well, the fellow who started this thread.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Still trying to record something that sounds remotely like the guitar as I hear it. One of these days I'll have to get a decent recording setup. I took a few months of hiatus on guitar after Covid started and have been focusing on riding by bike. Getting back into the swing of guitar but my calluses are completely gone.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

GO JUSTIN....!!!
Old 06-29-2020, 05:20 PM

Awesome! I love it.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Still trying to record something that sounds remotely like the guitar as I hear it. One of these days I'll have to get a decent recording setup. I took a few months of hiatus on guitar after Covid started and have been focusing on riding by bike. Getting back into the swing of guitar but my calluses are completely gone.

“Probably be embarrassed when I hear it................” Funny guy! I can only hope for playing chops like yours on an arrangement like that.

Great playing and awesome guitar Justin, alway enjoy your threads. Covid has also re-lit my cycling passion. Have to get out pretty early to beat the heat but really enjoying 2-3 hour rides in the country on my road bike. Should be able to get back in the woods on some single track on the mountain bike next month when the heat abates a bit. It’s just too steamy and buggy for that right now. I envy the places you get to ride but at least where I am in Louisiana has some pretty rolling hills and quiet roads.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 09-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
“Probably be embarrassed when I hear it................” Funny guy! I can only hope for playing chops like yours on an arrangement like that.

Great playing and awesome guitar Justin, alway enjoy your threads. Covid has also re-lit my cycling passion. Have to get out pretty early to beat the heat but really enjoying 2-3 hour rides in the country on my road bike. Should be able to get back in the woods on some single track on the mountain bike next month when the heat abates a bit. It’s just too steamy and buggy for that right now. I envy the places you get to ride but at least where I am in Louisiana has some pretty rolling hills and quiet roads.
Thanks! There seems to be a pretty large contingent of cycling/guitar nerds around here. Mine has cut back in the last couple of weeks because our entire state is on fire - which our new seasonal norm as of four years ago. The smoke is so thick, you can't go outside.

BUT, when the state isn't on fire, there are great roads and MTB trails to ride. I coach the local high school mountain biking team in the winter and spend spring through fall on my road bike. Great fun!
Old 09-07-2020, 11:41 AM

Nice playing on a very nice guitar. I like Embryonic Journey a lot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop