The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-26-2019, 09:56 PM

Default New Rainsong On The Way

I have a new Rainsong on the way and if all goes well it will be here by friday. This will be my first carbon fiber guitar. It is a RainSong Hybrid Series H-WS1000N2. I live in the desert with very low humidity all year long so I am really looking forward to it.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I have a new Rainsong on the way and if all goes well it will be here by friday. This will be my first carbon fiber guitar. It is a RainSong Hybrid Series H-WS1000N2. I live in the desert with very low humidity all year long so I am really looking forward to it.
I'm not a Rainsong guy, but congrats and welcome the land of carbon fiber and other alternate guitars!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Great choice. The best sounding 14 fret Rainsong model in my opinion. Very warm and wood-like for a carbon fiber guitar. I've played multiple models of every CF guitar brand and the Rainsong H-WS1000 and CO-WS1005ns are my favorites. Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

My last RS was the H-WS1000N2, it is a really nice guitar, I'd be surprised if you didn't love it. To quote the famous philosopher Kramster....you done good.
Did you get the 12 or 14 fret neck?
Old 06-26-2019, 11:38 PM

Congrats! Had a Shorty for 4 years with hybrid back and sides. Please post pics and your thoughts during the honeymoon. The fit on RainSongs is just killer- I don't think RS can be beat as their guitars are spot on "spec"tacular. Correct me if I'm wrong forumites, but you never hear complaints about them in this respect.

Now if and when Kramster chimes in you will have heard "you done good" 3 times.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:35 AM

Congrats!

I think that was the first carbon fiber guitar I played a couple yrs ago. I was WOW! I want. I've since checked out a few other R.S's. decisions. decisions.

Why did you end up with this particular model?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

I replaced my P-12 with the larger bodied CO-WS1005NST which is the 12 fret short scale version of your new Rainsong. I am blown away with how good this guitar is especially against my Collings, SCGC, and Froggy Bottom. You are going to love the tone and not worrying about humidity or hot cars. CONGRATS
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 06-27-2019, 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone. You have all made me feel good about my choice

El Duque, I went with this model for two reasons. One is the "hybird" tag and the mixture of carbon fiber with carbon glass and the statement that would mellow the tone a drop. I also saw a very good review on youtube.

Jdinco, I went with the 14 fret model.

FedEx has it scheduled it for tomorrow but I have had that happen before and it changed.

I believe it ships with Elixir strings. Is that the best choice? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone. You have all made me feel good about my choice

El Duque, I went with this model for two reasons. One is the "hybird" tag and the mixture of carbon fiber with carbon glass and the statement that would mellow the tone a drop. I also saw a very good review on youtube.

Jdinco, I went with the 14 fret model.

FedEx has it scheduled it for tomorrow but I have had that happen before and it changed.

I believe it ships with Elixir strings. Is that the best choice? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Congrats, hope you enjoy. I have an H-WS (12 fret model, I forget the rest of the model number). My favorite strings are the Martin Retros. It's an odd choice, retro strings on such a modern guitar, but I like 'em.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:25 PM

Hi, Cobalt, I acquired a CH-1100NS OM 12-fret almost a year ago, and live in Reno. I tired of all the humidification for my Martin and Guild guitars, and the Martin is currently for sale. I leave the Rainsong out on a stand with “ancient” D’Addario NB lights, which last forever even with constant play, and the sustain of this guitar has me using less strumming technique.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have been gigging solo and with a combo often, and it does the electric thing well with a soundhole plug (I have K&K pickup.)
All I can say is the older the strings the better, as they calm down the trebles.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Guest 928

Rainsong has paid its dues, experimented with materials and build, and makes a very nice guitar. I have the parlor nylon and while I may eventually pass it along, it has been a great guitar--beautiful, playable, sound full.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Great choice. I have the same guitar and had several Rainsong in the past. This is the best Rainsong guitar in my opinion. You will be SO happy!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
No. Suggestion, anything but what comes on it.

Actually I found Elixirs to be ok on my Shorty, but PB Elixirs not the 80/20s that Rainsong ships with. Pretty sure I have EXP-16s on it now though.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber