The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Guest 928

John;

Apparently all is not lost. We know that Michael has the ancient material; he has enough to write a really good history, and he is a trained historian. We also know that some forum members have recorded the material. And the neat thing is that we have moved through web space and found a new home. Time to carry on................................................ .......................................
Old 10-28-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
John;

Apparently all is not lost. We know that Michael has the ancient material; he has enough to write a really good history, and he is a trained historian. We also know that some forum members have recorded the material. And the neat thing is that we have moved through web space and found a new home. Time to carry on................................................ .......................................
Now it's time to get back to what really matters. WHERE'S MY TRAVEL GUITAR!!!!!
Rhoney Oceana
Warmoth Jazzcaster
Old 10-28-2015, 08:35 AM

Evan - I hope you are right about the history. So much was discussed and there was a real tracking of the evolution of carbon fiber on that forum. I hope it survives in a way that is accessible. To quote someone famous.... just sayin'
Old 10-28-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm thinking this thread has had more activity in the last few weeks than the carbon forum had all year.

All kidding aside, I know some of you are bummed, but in the end the carbon forum was an extension of a store that is now closed, makes no financial sense for Michael to keep it going. Good news is that this section of AGF can easily handle the traffic that was over on the carbon forum, and in fact most of the members over there have been posting here as well for years. Also, since the AGF was up and running, discussing carbon fiber guitars years before the CF forum was launched, I'm guessing most everything that was discussed over there, can be found here.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAxe View Post
And Steely, here is a hot C.F. Jedi tip for ya: find one those Planet Waves O-Port cones on Amazon (about $15) and give it a go in your favorite CF axe. I have been experimenting with them lately, and they make a noticeable and very nice difference in richness of tone, especially in the Emeralds.
If the O Port truly offers another weapon in the arsenal of fighting feedback- that is an undeniable plus! Having said that, the sound difference in the guitars that I've heard is a bit more clarity and a slight increase in bass response. Other than that, it just sounds like a mid-scoop smile EQ to my ears. Not sure it is something for me but no doubt works wonders on some guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber