The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-16-2021, 02:57 PM

Default Nashville Guitar Works

I found these guitars in my local classified, and they are only available through a distributor. They make a Tele style, anyone own a NGW or heard of them? I don't gig anymore just looking to get back to playing for my own entertainment so don't need an expensive Fender but looking for something similar and came across these, any thoughts?
Old 06-16-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooWopguy View Post
I found these guitars in my local classified, and they are only available through a distributor. They make a Tele style, anyone own a NGW or heard of them? I don't gig anymore just looking to get back to playing for my own entertainment so don't need an expensive Fender but looking for something similar and came across these, any thoughts?
The world is full of low-end guitars, some a complete waste and some pretty decent with a bit of work. I have no idea where these fall in that spectrum, but I went to their FB page and their official web site, and there is zero written information on the guitars. So you can't go there and get basic info on materials, construction, where they are made, scale length, fretboard radius: nothing. Maybe it's in the videos embedded on their FB page? Beats me, but if they can't be bothered to put product descriptions on their web page I guess you have to either do a lot more research or move along.

I keep thinking I've missed something obvious, let me know if I have. It does appear that there was a company with the same name that went out of business 10-15 years back but I have no idea if there is anything common between the incarnations except the name.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:42 PM

NGW is supposedly a division of Musical Instrument Reclamation Corporation, LLC as related on the "About" tab of the NGW website:

https://www.nashvilleguitarworks.com/about

I sounds like "dealers" are supplied instruments they source from pac rim manufacturers as clearance inventory.

https://reverb.com/news/7-things-you...tars-from-mirc

Last edited by Rudy4; 06-17-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:56 PM

Thanks for your thoughts I too see a lot of nock offs that have to look like the real thing, so I guess the best thing to do is try it and see how it feels to me for the little I play now. Years ago I had Ibanez guitars when they first hit the market around late 70's-80's man would I like to have them back now!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars