The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-21-2018, 07:40 AM

Sometimes it's best to just let things go. Someone out there would really appreciate the guitar, it looks like a nice one. If you decide to take up electric again in the future there are plenty more out there to choose from
Old 06-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Sometimes it's best to just let things go. Someone out there would really appreciate the guitar, it looks like a nice one. If you decide to take up electric again in the future there are plenty more out there to choose from
I think I'm ultimately just a Strat type of a guy. Or, maybe a good LP.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Very good point, and glad to see some thought on a similar situation. The good thing is that my guitar wasn't a gift or anything really sentimental until it was signed. Honestly, part of me finds the autograph with my name on it a little tacky now. Don't ask me why, I just do.

So, I "may" put it for sale on craigslist or reverb at a price I'd be happy with selling for and see how it goes. As a matter of fact, my Thin Skin strat is a little more sentimental because I bought it the week before my father-in-law passed away. I never got to play it with him in our Gospel group, so I keep it because it is the most important guitar in my possession.
It would be ironic if you sold it, and the buyer complained about the autograph. That's often the way things go on Reverb, systemic stupidity.
Keep it, you might discover you still love it.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
It would be ironic if you sold it, and the buyer complained about the autograph. That's often the way things go on Reverb, systemic stupidity.
Keep it, you might discover you still love it.
Thanks, I may just keep it. I noticed some finish issues on it and now I'm cringing at the thought of A) Repairing or B) Selling and having buyers freaking out with lowball offers over some finish bubbling.

Might as well enjoy it forever lol.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars