The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Default B&S Master arch top

Hi folks, I have an old arch top branded as a B&S Master and I'm hoping one of you may have run across one at some point and may be able to help me find who it was built by and possibly a year! I'm not sure how to post a picture of it so, a little help there would be great!

Thanks
CEL
Old 06-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Here is a link to a Beare and Sons archtop made by Regal in the 1930's. Beare and Sons were music wholesalers/importers in London UK and Toronto Canada. I've heard that they had some local builders in Toronto, that they had some instruments made in Germany post war, and that they re-sold the usual suspects - Kay, Harmony, etc. They may still be in business in the UK.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 06-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Welcome, CEL. For posting pictures, try this thread.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops