The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 06-03-2018, 04:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Immaculate Edwinson Consort 000 "Rojo"

Here's a beautiful Edwinson Consort 000, called the "Rojo", built in 2015 for exhibition at the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival. The Rojo is in brand-new condition, immaculate inside and out, with full warranty, which I am offering for sale at a $1700 discount from list. I kept this guitar as a demo after the show, and it has very little playing time on it. It is essentially a brand-new guitar, except that it has fully stabilized and opened up beautifully like a mature guitar.

The woods are: Honduran Rosewood back and sides, with rare and beautiful "blistered rust" figure; A shimmery Adirondack Spruce top; A laminated American Cherry neck with the same Honduran Rosewood in the center; Highly figured Ziricote fingerboard, bridge, bindings, and front headstock plate. The fingerboard and headstock are bound in Ziricote, with flamed Pyinma purflings; the rosette is my "Wave" design, with Honduran Rosewood and Ziricote.
The headstock is a "Pogoda" style slotted design, with black Swiss-made Schertler tuning machines with Ebony buttons, 18:1 ratio.

More specs:
Scale length: 25.5"; Thirteen frets to body, twenty frets total (Evo Gold)
Width at nut: 1 3/4"; String spread at saddle: 2 1/4" Fingerboard radius: 16"
This is my version of a 000 guitar, with a 15" wide lower bout. The neck is a modern C-carve.

This guitar has a big, colorful, world-class voice, exceptional responsiveness, and a wide dynamic range. It's set up for primarily fingerstyle playing, with a low, fast action, but it has plenty of headroom for pick-style as well. It has what you would call a modern sound, with a big, fat, round bass end, rollicking midrange, and sparkling trebles. Also, exceptional balance across the range, with strong fundamental keeping all the notes in clear focus; and when you play gently, you can hear some lovely overtones emerging. It really sounds amazingly expressive. As you would expect from a guitar made with premium Honduran Rosewood and Adirondack Spruce.
And the playing feel is very supple and easy on the hands. It plays very cleanly, with the string height at the 12th fret low E string at only .065" and on the high E at .050".

I almost can't believe I'm offering this guitar for sale at $4600. That also include a Guardian CG-044-000 hardshell vintage style case, and shipping in the CONUS. Whew- okay, I said it, it's on record now!
Later this year, when I publish a new website, I will be raising my base prices for the first time since 2011- long overdue- and a new Consort made with the same woods and specs as this one will come in at around $7000.

Of course, whenever I sell a guitar privately, I will give the potential buyer a trial period with it, before the money is committed. If it's not a great fit for you, you pay the return shipping, and that is the limit of your financial risk. The way that works is, you send a check for the agreed amount, which I will hold until I get your unequivocal thumbs-up- or, if you decline, I will return your check to you, torn in half. I can also accept credit card payments via PayPal, although that will add 3% to the agreed-upon price.

By all means, feel free to make me a reasonable offer. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Even though $1700 off list is already a pretty steep discount, I really do want to send this awesome guitar to a good home, where it will be played and appreciated.

I am currently very limited in my ability to produce high quality sound clips; but if you send me a PM or email, I can record a sound clip, using my Zoom IQ6 microphone on my iPad, and email it to you.

Thanks for looking... And if you have any questions, or want to talk with me, you can contact me a [email protected], or send me a PM through the AGF.

BTW- it seems that I can only upload these five photos to this thread. If you'd like to see more, let me know, and I'll send you a few more. Thanks!

-Steve, theEdwinson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5762.jpg (31.0 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5757.jpg (25.0 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5753.jpg (27.0 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5748.jpg (28.9 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5735.jpg (18.1 KB, 179 views)
Old 06-03-2018, 05:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm trying to post a few more photos of the Consort Rojo, because I want to show you the gorgeous figure of the Honduran Rosewood back- but so far, no luck. I'll keep trying. Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5735.jpg (18.1 KB, 168 views)
Old 06-03-2018, 07:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

I just found out from venerated AGF denizen Doodahdoug how to post photos from my Flikr library. Thanks, Doug!
Here's a photo of the Consort Rojo from the walking-away angle. Has anyone out there seen this kind of wild figure in Honduran Rosewood before? I bought this wood lumber from Pine Creek Woods in Friend, Oregon, back in 2012. I still have one more set to resaw from the billet. Saving it for another very special guitar.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

Beautiful as always Steve. Is this a 13 fretter? That rosewood looks killer. I know someone will love this guitar.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 06-03-2018, 09:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi, Ryan!
Yes, this guitar does have a thirteen frets-to-body configuration. I've pretty much standardized on the lucky-thirteen thing for awhile now, because it really seems to give you the best benefits of both 12- and 14-fret guitars, with minimal deficit. This is a big part of my signature tone. I'm really glad to see that a lot of other Custom shops are building thirteen-fretters as well. It just makes sense, to me at least!
Thanks for posting, and warm greetings to Steve as well.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:23 PM

Fantastic looking guitar Steve. So glad you are back and active on the forum. I would like to tell anyone on the fence, Steve builds a fantastic looking and playing as well as sounding guitar. If he and I did not have plans in our heads for a future build, I would be all over this one. Fantatstic guitar at a great price. Great job my friend!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Tom, thanks a million for your kind words, my friend. I've had a couple serious inquiries about the Consort Rojo, so hopefully she'll be finding a happy new home soon. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Consort Rojo SOLD

I'm happy to report the Consort Rojo has found a new home in Nashville TN. Mark this one as SOLD. Thanks to everyone for looking, and for the kind comments and inquiries.
I do have one more set of this rare and unusual Honduran Rosewood, so if you want to have a custom Edwinson built with it, sign up now, and avoid my price increases later this year.

THANK YOU!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace