The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbeck View Post
I would look into the new Yamaha fgx series with the atmosfeel pickup. As plug and play as it gets. Just finished nine gigs with mine and it has performed flawlessly.
I love Yamaha's pickup system but I am looking for a thinner body that's comfortable for long gigs. Is the FSX3 thinner? Yamaha typically doesn't make guitars that are thinner in the body.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I love Yamaha's pickup system but I am looking for a thinner body that's comfortable for long gigs. Is the FSX3 thinner? Yamaha typically doesn't make guitars that are thinner in the body.
Yamaha APX are very thin-bodied guitars. The APX700II has an ART pickup that sounds natural. I am blessed to own 3 Yamaha guitars with the ART pickups. The APX 600 has an UST.

The CSF1M and 3 models are narrower than the LS models, and a little narrower than the FS800 models. I have yet to see in person a red label FS or FSX model.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 07-20-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryc123 View Post
Hi Tad, Sorry just seeing this now. I will do just that. I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade my pure mini while still being able to use the "ring" of my endpin jack for my K&K microphone. I have the K&K trinity system, nut just want to upgrade the K&K pickup to the Ultra Tonic

Thanks Tad Cheers
Gerry C
No problem - but thats way beyond my expertise - email James, he’s extremely good at explaining things, and can answer all your questions -
Old 07-29-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
If Ovations where still being made they would likely definitely get grouped into the 'best live guitars' category but since they sputtered out they don't get a lot of mention when people are looking since guitars in good shape are hard to find. Now that they are back they don't seem to have as big a following, likely due to competition. That and for many, that 'plastic bowl' back is an issue.
Ovation is still alive
-2020 Gibson Les Paul Special
-2019 Gibson Les Paul Studio
-2021 Fender Aerodyne Special Telecaster
-2022 Fender Telecaster 50s (Vintera)
-1994 Fender Telecaster Deluxe 70 (Vintera)
-Sire V5 5-string

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification