The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-27-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrithrdstudio View Post
My go-to vocal mic is a condenser, the Rode M2. It's a pretty 'flat' mic, which is what I like as I know it is true to my voice and I can then sweeten it as needed. Having heard a KMS105 I would say the M2 is surprisingly similar.

If I am in a situation where I don't want to take a higher-value mic, or I don't have phantom power, I use a Behringer XM8500 - cheap as chips, but clearer and more feedback resistant than the SM58 it is based on. And yes I have directly compared them through the same system at the same time with the same EQ settings. I have 5 which cost less than 1 SM58.

These mics serve me pretty well, but my GAS is curious about the Rode M1 - it's another SM58-style dynamic, but reportedly has more clarity and top end airiness.
I had the M1 years ago. It's ok, but probably not worth going out of your way for.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
You might want to check out the Audio Technica AE-6100 too then. The crispness was one of the things that made it one of my all time favorite mics.
It was good enough for Elton John at the 2018 Grammy awards. It also gets the nod from a sound guy I know who works at the Kennedy Center.

It's more than good enough for me.
Jeff Sigurdson Classical

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification