The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM

Default PRS Private Stock Tonare Grand Cocobolo

I had this up for sale here once before, but couldn’t bear to sell it so I pulled the ad. But other expenses now necessitate that I sell this. PRS Private Stock Tonare Grand, built in 2012. Spectacular guitar in mint perfect, flawless condition. All of the woods were hand selected at the factory for appearance and tap tone. Unbelievable exhibition grade Cocobolo back and sides, nicest cocobolo I’ve seen anywhere. Back and sides are unbelievably figured. Highly figured curly/bearclaw Sitka spruce top with blue paua shell purfling on top, and and curly maple binding on top and back. Beautiful rosette of flamed maple and blue paua. Rare flamed mahoghany neck with cocobolo fingerboard and blue paua purfling along entire neck and headstock. Mother of pearl 20th anniversary birds with blue paua centers, mother of pearl wisps. PRS Electronics in perfect working order. This guitar not only looks good, but plays incredibly well with a fast neck (Wide neck carve) /action, and it sounds amazing, it’s a cannon with an amazing tonal range! Versatile as well, works equally well for fingerstyle, light or heavy strumming, or even single note lead work. Just a really well – balanced guitar tonally. Unfortunately, I don’t have the capability to do any high- quality recording, but rest assured you won’t be disappointed in this amazing instrument. Comes with an excellent high quality Ameritage case in perfect condition that alone would sell for almost $400. Anything that you see in the photos that looks like a flaw is a reflection, this guitar is absolutely perfect with no issues of any kind. The guitar is in like new condition, and if you were to purchase this new today it would cost somewhere around $12K. This is not a standard production PRS acoustic (which typically sell in the $3K range), this is a hand constructed Private stock instrument with their finest woods and craftsmanship easily equal to many of the very high end custom instruments you see for sale on this site. While the production level instruments are very nice, this instrument is truly another level of excellence, quality, and refinement above the level of the production instruments. Playability, tone, and appearance of this instrument are all truly amazing. I am asking SOLD shipped for this amazing instrument. Please don’t send ridiculous low-ball offers. Look around, you won’t find one of these anywhere near as nice as this one for this price. This is an opportunity to get a one of a kind high quality instrument for an amazing price. I will do PayPal, but you will have to bear the associated charges, or an overnighted cashier’s check would work fine (or a wire transfer if you’d like). No trades on this one, so please don’t ask. I can take any additional photos for you if you would like.

Specs (full details at http://www.prsguitars.com/tonaregrand/):
16” lower bout
Depth at neck 4”, depth at tail 4.75 “
Scale length 25.25”
Nut width 1.75”
String spacing 2 3/16”
21 frets
Bone nut and saddle

Thank you for your consideration,
ttuck

Last edited by ttuck; 03-22-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 03-21-2017, 03:19 PM