The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-20-2023, 01:34 PM

Default Ibanez Neck Block Contact Pickup: Views?

Judging from this video, the Ibanez neck block contact pickup works superbly well for tapping. I noticed, however, that one commenter who claims to have this model doesn’t like the contact pickup. I suppose it’s possible that the contact pickup was taken off the stereo jack (for purposes of this recording) and EQed before blending. In any event, I’m hoping that some forum member will be able to offer firsthand observations regarding this pickup system which matches Ibanez’s TBar UST with the neck block contact pickup.

Four Ibanez fingerstyle models utilize this TBar UST & neck block contact pickup combo: ACFS 580CE, ACFS 300CE, AWFS 300CE and ACFS 380BT (baritone)

I’m also wondering if the neck block contact pickup does anything to soften the UST quack when one of these guitars is strummed with a flat pic.

https://youtu.be/DtzbsvoDoHc?si=KCxboLxW2x7L9IIa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification