The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-21-2018, 01:58 PM

Default S1 Backpack alternatives

Hello all,
I was looking for an alternative to the S1 backpack. I ordered a Gator 1911 lighting accessory bag that works, but was wondering if anyone knows a good backpack that would fit the S1 well other than the overpriced (but very nice) BOSE backpack.
Thanks in advance
Davidc
Old 09-21-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
Hello all,
I was looking for an alternative to the S1 backpack. I ordered a Gator 1911 lighting accessory bag that works, but was wondering if anyone knows a good backpack that would fit the S1 well other than the overpriced (but very nice) BOSE backpack.
Thanks in advance
Davidc
How much padding is in that Gator case? How close is the fit?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:58 PM

dropper;

Check out the Ativa Mobile Workmate rolling briefcase from OfficeDepot, ~$80. Check EBay, too.
Also check out the Arriba Cases AC-125 available from Sweetwater, ~$45.

Not backpacks but might work. _Roger

Update: I just got an email from MF 20% off the Arriba AC-125, making it just $33.56.
You need the code SAVEMORE. Cheers!

Last edited by RogerPease; 09-21-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPease View Post
dropper;

Check out the Ativa Mobile Workmate rolling briefcase from OfficeDepot, ~$80. Check EBay, too.
Also check out the Arriba Cases AC-125 available from Sweetwater, ~$45.

Not backpacks but might work. _Roger

Update: I just got an email from MF 20% off the Arriba AC-125, making it just $33.56.
You need the code SAVEMORE. Cheers!
Awesome! Plus I had over $12 in points. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2018, 12:51 PM

Thanks all!
The gator bag is lightly padded but better than a slip
Cover
Old 09-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

I ordered the Arriba bag that will come in time for a Friday gig. I'll try to post my review of this as an S1 carrier when that's done.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:21 AM

The gator bag fits fine, allowing a space for additional gear/cables etc. It is just not a snug fit, although the section dividers help keep the S1 in place. It is also carried as a bag so less opportunity to have it move around.
I was just wondering if there was an alternative backpack.
Let us know how the Arriba bag works.
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2018, 08:22 PM

My AC-125 arrived today. I'm pleased with it. The protection is nothing like my Helix Backpack, but from the descriptions I've read neither is the Bose backpack. The AC-125 has padding all around that will be fine for my needs, but I'll need to treat it with care like I do all my gear. The bag comes with a hard divider using velcro that I moved from the middle to the front of the case to provide extra protection for the speaker grille. The fit is not snug by any means (I think I could get my Bose T1 mixer in there with the S1 no problem. But what I did was add extra foam to protect the sides of the S1 (including the inputs/controls).

Overall I'm pleased with my choice, especially at 20% off. A much better choice than the Gator GP40 I was using. ;-)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

I agree with the review of the AC-125 above. I've been able to position the divider to make a snug compartment in the back of the bag for the S1. This leaves me a good sized space in the front. As an experiment I put most of the cables I'll need for a gig this week in the front space: 2 mic cables, 2 longer guitar cables, a patch cable I use from my K & K preamp into the S1. There remains plenty of room for a few more cables and I'm happy with the bag for this use. I'll see how it goes Friday night. As a bonus the bag came with a cool little flashlight attached. This will help me rummage through my other gig bag looking for stuff at the gig!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification